Netflix raises prices again

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Netflix’s most popular subscription, the standard plan — which allows two screens to watch simultaneously — is increasing by $1 to $10.99 a month. The premium plan — four screens at the same time — will rise from $11.99 to $13.99. The site’s basic plan (at $7.99) won’t change.

The price flux is due to new features and content, Netflix says.

“Netflix plans and pricing may occasionally be adjusted as we add more TV showsand movies, introduce new product features, and find other ways to improve the Netflix experience. We also may adjust plans and pricing to respond to local market changes, such as changes to local taxes or inflation

The service is producing more and more original content, extending beyond its initial few core shows and expanding into anime series, horror movies, comedy specials and documentaries.

The streaming giant plans to spend $7 million on its original content in 2018, chief content officer Ted Sarandos told Variety in August. Netflix has also recently introduced offline streaming for subscribers that lets them download content to watch without cell service or wifi connection.

Netflix last raised its prices in October 2015, again by $1 for standard plan users.

Netflix Price Increase 2017: Why and When Monthly Costs Will Go Up | Inverse
:ehh: When i woke up and saw the email i was like "wtf, again?" But then thinking about all the original content they have... $1 aint too bad...

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
:camby:

They removed HIMYM

Originals are alright, but too many trash originals does not warrant a price increase.

Just because you saturate a market with “original” content does not make it good content.

86269531_CFE1_43_A3_A462_5_A369_BFD3_C35.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hulu wins my money now
:francis::hhh::mjlol:

I have both...but no way I'd put Hulu over Netflix if I had to choose one. Hulu's saving grace is that they get next day content for current tv shows. But even then, with how sketchy their shows stay available or not on there, that becomes such a negligible "boon". Netflix kills it in overall content and interface/feature set. shyt, hulu barely even works sometimes, it crashes like 80's test dummies.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
:francis::hhh::mjlol:

I have both...but no way I'd put Hulu over Netflix if I had to choose one. Hulu's saving grace is that they get next day content for current tv shows. But even then, with how sketchy their shows stay available or not on there, that becomes such a negligible "boon". Netflix kills it in overall content and interface/feature set. shyt, hulu barely even works sometimes, it crashes like 80's test dummies.

:francis:
HIMYM has been a big part of my daily routine. Especially on days i feel like shyt I can always throw it on and feel better.

But yeah you right, they only go so far back on a lot of tv shows and that sucks after you binge a whole season and having else to watch.

The new episodes the next day is also gimmicky tbh, you could only watch the last 5 episodes or some shyt.

Sigh.

Unfortunately piracy isn’t as easy to access across multiple platforms like netflix is.

ozzy

Pro
Daps
so people actually pay for netflix and don't watch movies free online good for you