Netflix presents Def Comedy Jam 25 (Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Steve Harvey & more)

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This special was alright.. Best part by a long shot was DL and Chappelle going off prompter during that segment. Back in the day Def Jam Comedy was good and bad imo. Good that comedians got their shine and exposure and the years Martin Lawrence hosted it was at its peak. But it was bad cause- and some comedians complained about this- you damn near had to do a set where you cursed your ass off and did nothing but jokes about fukkin' and suckin':francis: Alot of those comedians from back in the day in the audience seemed sad too. You could see it on their faces. Alot of them were a quick flash in the pan and some of them never crossed over to tv and movies. Melanie Camacho been doing the same set for jokes for over ten years.

It opened a lot of doors though:ehh:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

DOOOOOOPE I'm hype for this.

BUT...

how are they putting 'Martin Lawrence' in between there like he wasn't the host who made the show what it was..?

The comics were awesome of course, but it was the intro by Martin (shouting out a famous person and joking about them, joking about guys in the crowd, clothes/hair of the girls and just being crazy af) that was always the highlight..

Really..

'Hosted by Martin Lawrence' it should've been of course..

:martin:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DOOOOOOPE I'm hype for this.

BUT...

how are they putting 'Martin Lawrence' in between there like he wasn't the host who made the show what it was..?

The comics were awesome of course, but it was the intro by Martin (shouting out a famous person and joking about them, joking about guys in the crowd, clothes/hair of the girls and just being crazy af) that was always the highlight..

Really..

'Hosted by Martin Lawrence' it should've been of course..

:martin:

Watch the special before you start complaining. :stopitslime: