Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Also, the parents in this show are THEE WORST! :russ:

A kid disappears and all these children are still running around on their own. Winona's oldest son didn't eem come back one night and she was like :yeshrug:

Mike and Nancy's parents never knew where there kids were either.

80's was like that no cell phones n sh!t. Even early early 90's, by the time i was 11-12 on a saturday I'd leave out the crib and just be gone the entire day. My parents wouldn't even be checking for me until sundown.

Coming back to this thread, I might rewatch the whole thing again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I just binged this series today. This show is legit. :banderas:

I can't wait for season two. :lolbron:

A few thoughts....

I cried when ELEVEN sacrificed herself. I hope she's back next season.:to:

I can't believe Nancy stayed with Steve and that nikka is gonna be a series regular next year. :francis:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Just finished today and thought the series was great :whew:. Easily one of my favorite shows that Netflix has produced.

I'm not even an 80s baby, but seeing all the references with the big walkie talkies to the hairstyles and clothes were :skip:

Great casting, especially with the kids. They actually looked liked kids and gave really good performances. Eleven in particular did some great work with just reacting to her environment with her face and expressions. Damn you evil Ted Danson for treating her like that :to:

Salute to Will's mom for keeping the faith:salute:. Mike's parents on the other hand were :heh:

Also think the length and editing was great, I watched like 5 episodes in a row and they seemed to fly by. 8 episodes was perfect for me and I'm glad they didn't try to drag the story out for longer than needed.

Word. I usually can't wait for seasons and episodes to end but with this each episode just flew by and contributed to the narrative (no fillers!). I was bummed when I was watching episode 8, only to discover it was the last one. :mjcry:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I just binged this series today. This show is legit. :banderas:

I can't wait for season two. :lolbron:

A few thoughts....

I cried when ELEVEN sacrificed herself. I hope she's back next season.:to:

I can't believe Nancy stayed with Steve and that nikka is gonna be a series regular next year. :francis:

Eleven is alive. The cop brought eggos for her at the end.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I've been watching a lot of interviews with these kids and they are so fukking annoying. :scust:

They better prepare themselves because they are gonna be old news in a few months. :heh:

The girl who plays Eleven is another Lindsey Lohan in the making. Her white trash family is a hot mess and banking on her fame for survival. :francis: