Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
great show i thought there was 10 eps for some reason then when ep 8 came on i was thinking :ohhh: what the fukk are they gonna do for the last 2 eps lol

can't wait for season 2

Superstar
Daps
Finished the show this weekend. I don't really want there to be a season 2. Or if there is, I want it to be a discontinuous series with a totally different plot from season to season. Loved the show but I thought season 1 ended perfectly. :manny:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I thought it was a cool program - nothing more nothing less.

The soundtrack is really what takes this to the next level. It sets the tone for every major scene.

I thought Winona Ryder was probably the least aggravating character in the series. Maybe it's just me, but I hate dialogue and character placement that is obviously being used as a plot device. Only Winona, the black kid, and the chief acted like normal adults.

The straight A, never done dirt in her life, older sister having a 180 personality flip at the exact moment that her brother's best friend and her best friend goes missing was so cringe worthy. But it's necessary in order to move the story to its proper conclusion. I hate shyt like that, but we have to accept it.

If anything, I think that's the most serious flaw in season 1. Shorties best friend goes missing, is brutally murdered, and neither the sister, the cops, or the writer himself actually cares. Even when Eleven spazzed out after seeing her dead body, the sister shows sudden shock, but nothing after that. Compare her emotions with the boys who biked around town, devised plans, took in a stranger, and followed every solid lead even AFTER they saw his fake dead body being pulled out of the water.

If there is ever a time to turn into a super emotional, call everyone and their momma female, that is the time. She didn't canvass the school. Didn't canvass the neighborhood. Ain't visit her friend's parents to console them. She didn't do a single thing that a grieving teenage girl would do for her best friend. I fully expect dudes to take the "oh he'll be aiight" route. But a girl who is already showing stereotypical signs of adolescence with a high school boyfriend doesn't act like a stereotypical teenager when her friend goes missing.....nah that shyt threw me the fukk off and made me hate every scene she was in.

And she still got back with that fukk nikka.

fukk that ho.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MAJOR REVEAL in the concept art:damn::damn::damn:

stranger-things-concept-egg-pic.jpg

The artist said,

The egg was a design for something you actually see a couple times in the show, whether you recognize it or not. There are a couple encounters where we see the Demogorgon hunkered over, eating something - when Nancy goes into the Upside-Down through the tree, and when Eleven finds the creature in her “vision”, it’s hunkered over this egg, feeding off of it.

It’s not clear whether or not this is the creature’s offspring - we don’t even know if it’s the same species. The only info we have is that the creature is feeding off this egg somehow.

That explains the hollowed egg. In the original script there were multiple monsters but they felt it was too much for season 1. Now that Eleven killed it there's nothing to stop the remaining eggs from hatching. What's in the eggs brehs? :lupe:

demogorgon-mouth-pic.jpg

One of the designs we came up with the first week was a flower petal-like face with no teeth. That really resonated with the Duffers; it answered a lot of questions the Duffers had about the uniqueness of a monster with no face, and how that could be terrifying. A lot of the inspiration also came from the mouth of a snapping turtle - how terrifying that looks, and how its teeth go all the way back. So there were always teeth in our design.

The original upside down world:
stranger-things-concept-art-forest-rift-pic.jpg

Barb:rip:
stranger-things-concept-art-barb-pic.jpg

Stranger-Things-Concept-Wall-5-PIc.jpg

Stranger-Things-Concept-Wall-6-Pic.jpg

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Few questions in the end

I though the air in the upside down world was toxic, yet no one seemed affected by it, was that supposed to be just a guess from the scientist?

Why didn't the monster do to Will what he did to the others?

And if he did, why didn't they save anyone else?

Why did El have to die to kill the monster?

They never really explained the light phenomenon.

Or how the monster was created in the first place.

Those are just a few questions off the top of my head, but with all that said, awesome series, can't wait to see what they do with S2.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Few questions in the end
Why didn't the monster do to Will what he did to the others?

Why did El have to die to kill the monster?

I think he did do the same thing to Will that he did to Barb. It's just that Will was able to evade the monster so long that when he finally got caught he didn't have enough time to get fully "digested" before he was rescued. Barb got caught right away and was sucking on the alien vines the whole time.

I don't think Eleven died. I think she's stuck in the upside-down, but still able to get the Eggo waffles that the cop is leaving for her.