Netflix announces "Quarterback". A docuseries following Mahomes, Mariota, and Cousins

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:pachaha: Yeah Cousins wife is named Julie and kind of look like a younger Julia Roberts.

Big head and big mouth too.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great show, looking forward to the next season and I hope it follows a similar narrative in terms of different types of QBs. I wouldn't want a season about three successful QBs. Mariotta's story was interesting specifically because of his struggles and the odd ending. Flip side Mahomes came off like a Jordan-like figure which was great. It's not an act, dude is dedicated to to being the best. Also loved the family stuff.

I'm torn on Kirk as a Lions fan. In many ways he came off as a man I can respect. But as a QB...eh. He came off as an extremely emotional player who makes a show of doing all the right things until it's time to play, at which point he wants to take control and not listen to the coach. On multiple occasions it showed their coach basically saying hey man you gotta trust me. And at least two of the losses documented featured him deciding to shytcan a play and do his own thing. The contrast of that, vs him diligently taking notes each time the team therapist talked to him when the cameras were rolling just felt weird. Like, this is the type of act dudes pull off when they fukk around and get a job they aren't qualified for.

Then there's the trophy room. All the game balls. Him being mad about not being invited to the NFL event and saying he deserved it because "greatest comeback of all time." Him saying he thinks he plays well in primetime games because look at all these game balls I have...and then the immediate report that he's 10-18 in primetime games lol. I loved all the dad/husband/man shyt in the show, but the football stuff felt like a giant facade to me...

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Great show, looking forward to the next season and I hope it follows a similar narrative in terms of different types of QBs. I wouldn't want a season about three successful QBs. Mariotta's story was interesting specifically because of his struggles and the odd ending. Flip side Mahomes came off like a Jordan-like figure which was great. It's not an act, dude is dedicated to to being the best. Also loved the family stuff.

I'm torn on Kirk as a Lions fan. In many ways he came off as a man I can respect. But as a QB...eh. He came off as an extremely emotional player who makes a show of doing all the right things until it's time to play, at which point he wants to take control and not listen to the coach. On multiple occasions it showed their coach basically saying hey man you gotta trust me. And at least two of the losses documented featured him deciding to shytcan a play and do his own thing. The contrast of that, vs him diligently taking notes each time the team therapist talked to him when the cameras were rolling just felt weird. Like, this is the type of act dudes pull off when they fukk around and get a job they aren't qualified for.

Then there's the trophy room. All the game balls. Him being mad about not being invited to the NFL event and saying he deserved it because "greatest comeback of all time." Him saying he thinks he plays well in primetime games because look at all these game balls I have...and then the immediate report that he's 10-18 in primetime games lol. I loved all the dad/husband/man shyt in the show, but the football stuff felt like a giant facade to me...
Yeah my biggest take away on Cousins was that he’s a guy you’d respect but not want to follow. His confidence seemed real shaky and his tantrums when things were going bad doesn’t instill confidence in the others. Contrast it with Mahomes who was just constantly like “fukk that we got this” no matter what.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Netflix lucked out and got a hit with this one for the slow summer season.

Peyton said season 2 is already green lit so now it’s just waiting to see who are the picks for the next season.
Burrow, a guy like Dak or go with a young guy like Fields or Young. And then a journeyman like Baker.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jalen, Burrow, Allen, Fields. Expand to 4.

4 is too many and Burrow and Allen seem like they'd be cliche guys with zero personality. Plus they're too similar in terms of story and where they rank.

Fields is good because the young guy on the cusp who is trying to turn a franchise around story wasn't done in season 1.

Hurts gotta be there to show how a QB and team bounce back from a Super Bowl loss.

The third guy has to kind of be an underdog so I'd go with Geno. You get to see him develop chemistry with the rookie WR in Smith-Njigba, you get some exposure to Pete Carroll who's a personality, and you have a great story of a QB who held a clipboard for years who finally got his shot.

Honorable mention:
Russ would be interesting as hell with the "is he washed/can he return to form story," plus you get Sean Peyton and Ciara. If he bounces back that'll be great footage. The Future/Russ think pieces on the coli, LSA, black Twitter, and all other corners of the nikkanet is enough to make me not want this though:snoop:

That's too black a cast and I could see an organization not letting them get access to a young QB (Trevor will be the #1 QB they're after) so in reality it'll probably be Allen, Carr, and Tua :unimpressed:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
4 is too many and Burrow and Allen seem like they'd be cliche guys with zero personality. Plus they're too similar in terms of story and where they rank.

Fields is good because the young guy on the cusp who is trying to turn a franchise around story wasn't done in season 1.

Hurts gotta be there to show how a QB and team bounce back from a Super Bowl loss.

The third guy has to kind of be an underdog so I'd go with Geno. You get to see him develop chemistry with the rookie WR in Smith-Njigba, you get some exposure to Pete Carroll who's a personality, and you have a great story of a QB who held a clipboard for years who finally got his shot.

Honorable mention:
Russ would be interesting as hell with the "is he washed/can he return to form story," plus you get Sean Peyton and Ciara. If he bounces back that'll be great footage. The Future/Russ think pieces on the coli, LSA, black Twitter, and all other corners of the nikkanet is enough to make me not want this though:snoop:

That's too black a cast and I could see an organization not letting them get access to a young QB (Trevor will be the #1 QB they're after) so in reality it'll probably be Allen, Carr, and Tua :unimpressed:

That's the point though...I thought Kirk would be boring..he wasn't. Got to learn a lot about him. That's why you can't just auto assume that the player would be a certain way.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope show.

Anyone find Kirk’s wife to be badder and more wifey than Mahomes shorty?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope show.

Anyone find Kirk’s wife to be badder and more wifey than Mahomes shorty?

That's not saying a lot. Mahomes' wife is the basic looking woman brehs in TLR say every woman is. Kirk's wife is decent on the "some other kid's parent that you run into occasionally at school functions that's a little too friendly" scale. However, Mahomes' wife looks like the type of woman who is acutely aware of what her position is, how tenuous it is, and will happily fukk a breh's eyebrows clean off or some shyt in order to protect it.