tumblr_lbzrf1P3li1qbjy8co1_500_large.gif

Let em know. No weeaboo shyt is seeing jlu

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
reading the replies here about the random christian/judeo sprinklings and symbolism in NGE made me realize two things:

1. How much the PS1 game XenoGears is the same way- random jewish symbolism all around

2. How easily we are "WOW"ed we are when other cultures start using said symbolism in a mythological way.

and no, that's not a putdown to anyone in this thread. I was just as wowed by the use of the spear of destiny, angels as the bad guys and the tree of life on Gendo's floor as the next kid, once I read up on what it was.
the fukk?

get xenogear name out your mouth and hold this 5 year post-dated neg :mjlol:

unlike eva, XG made sense AT EVERY STEP of its progression

don't believe it, check out Xenogears Perfect Works Translation everything about the game from the dirt color to the methods they used to resurrect and kill gods not only stacked up, but managed to survive through all other iterations of the x franchise :camby: mad cuz you couldn't keep up:umad:

Mr. Negative

Illumination, awesome. Interpretation; awkward
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
the fukk?

don't believe it, check out Xenogears Perfect Works Translation everything about the game from the dirt color to the methods they used to resurrect and kill gods not only stacked up, but managed to survive through all other iterations of the x franchise :camby: mad cuz you couldn't keep up:umad:

giphy.gif

I don't even know what you're going on about, but congratulations.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So what is the best anime in terms of mindblowing story and action if not this trash

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So what is the best anime in terms of mindblowing story and action if not this trash

Hard to say since it's subjective and everybody has their own lists but Monster is one that I almost never hear anybody speak down on. That ish is universally acknowledged as a great anime story.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hard to say since it's subjective and everybody has their own lists but Monster is one that I almost never hear anybody speak down on. That ish is universally acknowledged as a great anime story.
Monster isn't based in action.

Try again

parallax

Superstar
Daps
the fukk?

Why did I mentally see the scene at the end of back to the future 2 with this?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Never enjoyed it. Mainly because I felt it was too sporadic. Felt like Anno was diving into Jungian and Freudian books without any references, and that was all nice and presumptuous of me, till I saw an interview of him confirming everything I thought....from how he just basically vomited everything read onto a series he thought was gonna fail. He even questions the fandom...as do I.

It was so poorly presented that he needed "remixes" released to help people better understand his jumbled anime. I also couldn't dig the fights, it was all boring to me. Especially since Gundam was dominating the scene from V Gundam to G Gundam, it was all far more entertaining.

Then there's the fan base which literally can't accept that Cowboy Bebop is considered the GOAT of anime. Far too many pretentious people watching Evangelion, I rather not give it a third chance, Hideki can remix it all he wants, the series is tired.

Better than TAS? maybe but definitely not better than Batman Beyond.