Neon Genesis Evangelion>>>Dusty Azz American Cartoons

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I just looked up a quick synopsis.:whoo:

PLEASE don't tell me that Anno got Shinji and Kaworoa on that Gay shyt though. Ain't nobody got time for that
It's more like Shinji again is just down on the dumps, and Kawarou is just doing Kawarou things. Shinji is opening to him more because of how fukked up the Earth is and the time he missed made everyone a stranger to him.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's more like Shinji again is just down on the dumps, and Kawarou is just doing Kawarou things. Shinji is opening to him more because of how fukked up the Earth is and the time he missed made everyone a stranger to him.

Cool

Im still holding out hope my nikka Shinji finally gets it together and smashes Asuka

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
one of the most overrated animes of all time. that's why its on the 3rd remake cause they keep trying to get it right.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
yes that includes your beloved batman TAS, justice league and all that tripe.

evangelion changed the game. its literally the star wars of japan, in that its one of the most influential forces in all of japanese animation. what it did in the 90's was akin to what nirvana did with grunge. it killed the happy-go-lucky bullshyt and real robot genre and ushered in a new era of introspective post-modern anime that were in line with the dark economic times japan was facing at the time. even gundam was forced to lean back for a minute :huhldup:

evangelion was a masterpiece, but be warned, only cynical, introverted muhfukkas will really 'get it'. it was made during a phase in the directors life when he was really depressed and it shows. its more comparable to a surreal independent film than it is to any other anime out there

ani18.gif

tumblr_m8xc7ufklG1r4wuyzo2_500.gif

tumblr_m8xc7ufklG1r4wuyzo4_500.gif

tumblr_m1t6lrj2oX1rnn4j2o1_500.gif

tumblr_m5ttfuL0H71qiou3eo1_400.gif

funny-gifs-just-a-normal-day-in-neon-genesis-evangelion.gif

1996486-shinji_choking_asuka.gif

Neon Genisis Evangelion Opening HD - YouTube

pay respects to the GAWD :salute:

It ushered in the emo immasculated skinny pants protagonist era that I'm not particularly crazy about. Good show but severly overrated. Berserk and Cowboy Bebop>>>

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I always felt this anime was wack, Berserk and FMA Brotherhood shyts on it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one of the craziest stories ever told

what's up with 3.0?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Am I the only one that finds it annoying that they just took random biblical symbols and threw them into the plot for no actual reason? It's a dope series, I'll have to check for 2.0 and beyond for sure...but the ending of the original series then the End of Evangelion film both left me severely disappointed.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
one of the craziest stories ever told

what's up with 3.0?

It's out in Japan, killing the box office. Prolly won't see a DVD release over there till around spring or summer, same time 4.0 is close to drop in the theaters.

Don't ask me when we get our dubbed copy :to:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It's out in Japan, killing the box office. Prolly won't see a DVD release over there till around spring or summer, same time 4.0 is close to drop in the theaters.

Don't ask me when we get our dubbed copy :to:

we should get a subbed version when the dvd comes out in Japan. early 2013 I'm hoping...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Am I the only one that finds it annoying that they just took random biblical symbols and threw them into the plot for no actual reason? It's a dope series, I'll have to check for 2.0 and beyond for sure...but the ending of the original series then the End of Evangelion film both left me severely disappointed.

tis not random

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
tis not random

Care to explain how the spear of longinus relates to it's original Christian myth? Not even kidding if you can explain how the Christian terms actually relate to their original stories besides surface nonsense, I'm down to hear it...the magi, the need to have that one thing on the crucifix, the spear...all that shyt.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I love Evangenlion. But most if the stuff people theorized and raved about (specially from End of Evangelion) was just fanfic shyt fans created because the Red Cross Book (the thing that explained pretty much EVERYTHING about the series and the final movie) wasn't available anywhere besides Japan.

The new movies are :lawd: too. Still waiting for the camrip+subs for 3.0 to show up :sadcam: