Reppin
Michigan
tumblr_lc1xjfjpUa1qbjy8co1_500_large.gif

It ain't seeing JL/JLU :smugfavre:

tumblr_ma5o597C0X1rd1k88o1_500.gif

tumblr_lbzrf1P3li1qbjy8co1_500_large.gif
I don't think there's an animated series ever made seeing this one
72545.jpg

This show is so good I wish I could erase it from my memory so I could experience it again for the first time. It's the anime version of crack. Nothing will ever compare to that first hit.
Moments like this just stay with me almost a decade later.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Never enjoyed it. Mainly because I felt it was too sporadic. Felt like Anno was diving into Jungian and Freudian books without any references, and that was all nice and presumptuous of me, till I saw an interview of him confirming everything I thought....from how he just basically vomited everything read onto a series he thought was gonna fail. He even questions the fandom...as do I.

It was so poorly presented that he needed "remixes" released to help people better understand his jumbled anime. I also couldn't dig the fights, it was all boring to me. Especially since Gundam was dominating the scene from V Gundam to G Gundam, it was all far more entertaining.

Then there's the fan base which literally can't accept that Cowboy Bebop is considered the GOAT of anime. Far too many pretentious people watching Evangelion, I rather not give it a third chance, Hideki can remix it all he wants, the series is tired.

Better than TAS? maybe but definitely not better than Batman Beyond.

I'm honestly glad he did remixed it, it's like how the final mixes of kingdom hearts are so much better. He was smart shortening it and making movies with a more structured plot, this is probably how it should've been from the start, so at least it's better, but it don't even touch fooly Cooly to me. That's my personal all time number one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If this last movie comes out, I think it could have all time greatness potential, I hope, I haven't heard about it lately so hopefully it's coming along well.
Yeah I can't rate NGE until the final movie comes out. The original series was exceptional until that ending.
The remade movie ending had one of the worst scenes in any anime ever but the overall ending was barely acceptable.
I'm holding off on watching the remake movies until the final one at least gets a date.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
The main character was a bytch! Always doubting himself always hesitanting. fukk him. Soundtrack was awesome though

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
NGE is the definition of pretentiousness.
Gundam Wing is better
Batman: TAS is better
JL/JLU is better
Reboot is better.
Transformers Beast Wars is better.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
NGE is the definition of pretentiousness.
Gundam Wing is better
Batman: TAS is better
JL/JLU is better
Reboot is better.
Transformers Beast Wars is better.
I still feel like Avatar The Last Airbender is the best American made cartoon I've seen. It's the imitation anime that surpassed most anime.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I'm honestly glad he did remixed it, it's like how the final mixes of kingdom hearts are so much better. He was smart shortening it and making movies with a more structured plot, this is probably how it should've been from the start, so at least it's better, but it don't even touch fooly Cooly to me. That's my personal all time number one.

I would prefer a sequel, like Fooly Cooly, you don't need to remix what some would call greatness, and painters like Picasso to Bob Ross never went back and retouched/edited their pieces of work. It cheapens it for me. For games I'm on the fence, while I'm with you on remixes working for games like Kingdom Hearts, we have to asterisk them, as in they weren't released in the height of DLC. So they hit us with the Capcom and released the game again...with new features (SF2 Turbo).

That's not necessarily a "bad" thing for me, as I love SF2 turbo...but it does make me feel slighted, only because instead of making a sequel they retouched a game that's already a classic instead of focusing on a better sequel. Then it became very shady at KH2, how many remixes do we need really?

I digress, I give props to Anno for fixing a glaring mistake(s) with EVG, but he honestly should've mad a sequel, even Hideo released MGSV as basically a huge eraser/retouch to the MGS for Nintendo. I would like to see more game devs and anime directors to take that approach....don't edit, add a new one.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually prefer American animation (90s on down). Anime is cool (definitely 80s to 90s) but nowadays must stuff I come across looks meh and caters too much to otakus

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I would prefer a sequel, like Fooly Cooly, you don't need to remix what some would call greatness, and painters like Picasso to Bob Ross never went back and retouched/edited their pieces of work. It cheapens it for me. For games I'm on the fence, while I'm with you on remixes working for games like Kingdom Hearts, we have to asterisk them, as in they weren't released in the height of DLC. So they hit us with the Capcom and released the game again...with new features (SF2 Turbo).

That's not necessarily a "bad" thing for me, as I love SF2 turbo...but it does make me feel slighted, only because instead of making a sequel they retouched a game that's already a classic instead of focusing on a better sequel. Then it became very shady at KH2, how many remixes do we need really?

I digress, I give props to Anno for fixing a glaring mistake(s) with EVG, but he honestly should've mad a sequel, even Hideo released MGSV as basically a huge eraser/retouch to the MGS for Nintendo. I would like to see more game devs and anime directors to take that approach....don't edit, add a new one.
Yeah that's true, it's more of a challenge to add to a story than to just rehash it
Which is actually what he did with some of the neon genisis books (they even have an evangelion of like this weird ass origin that I can't remember is unknown or known) he should adapt the books off of what you're saying but who knows, I think next year we'll get to see what happens .