Daps
Reppin
berlin
ubesWQu.png

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I think of Neo Soul, I think of D'Angelo, Erykah, Groove Theory, and Maxwell first albums, and the movie Love Jones. And, there was nothing hipster cacish about that :yeshrug:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
When I think of Neo Soul, I think of D'Angelo, Erykah, Groove Theory, and Maxwell first albums, and the movie Love Jones. And, there was nothing hipster cacish about that :yeshrug:

Exactly the term neo soul is fukkn retarded...Its music,its all music some good some wack...neo soul is made up BS term to label music and artists...

I liked D'Angelo AND Kells regardless of what the industry,record companies or dumbass fans wanna label them as...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
iF they do not do know:

Chico debarge
Kedar massenberg

THey can stfu.
If they pop any of that,...
I do not listen to thug crack sellers bs,..on down righteous tip.
I ignore everything they have to say.
Simply from the fact the entire movement/genre was made from a coke dealer.

Art Barr

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Threads like these are precisely the reason I stopped visiting forums as frequently. A bunch of grown ass misinformed men. This shyt is sad..And Mint Condition is not "Neo Soul".

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
welcome hipsters

who's opinions are present but otherworldly and not forthcoming at all

turn your nose up in delight as you cant explain yourself and would rather be dodgy and contradictory

the music youve never made speaks volumes about what you dont even know or can accomplish

plus miss me with this "neo soul" bullshyt
soul aint fukking new just because you're doing it late

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps

I agree with everything but love jones,
such a horrible simpish movie.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Threads like these are precisely the reason I stopped visiting forums as frequently. A bunch of grown ass misinformed men. This shyt is sad..And Mint Condition is not "Neo Soul".

they are move of a new jack swing type of band,
like Tony Toni Tone,

This is what happen when you let CACs dictate what is black or hip.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Eh, kinda.

People forget that White hipsters made some good music too like The White Stripes, The Strokes, Black Keys, etc. . .

So, merely having some good records by Badu, Scott, D'Angelo doesn't mean that the movement itself wasn't annoying as hell. At least a lot of it was.

Rehashed ideas from the '70s singer/songwriters, Jazz fusion, and Gil Scott-Heron is what the movement was built on.

They even dressed like motherfukkers from the '70s with the 'fros and earthy colors and beards and shyt.

Plus, there was this holier than thou mentality that I didn't love with the whole "we're "positive" unlike all those rappers out there with their guns and drugs.