Neo Soul = Black Hipsters

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
I want you to listen to this album and PM me what you think. It was one of my favorite releases last year. I think this girl's songwriting and soundmaking ability is phenomenal. I love her and relate to her soul so distinctly.

P R E S S U R E | Rochelle Jordan

:wow:

No homo, but I really, really, really need to fukk to this song. That girl, wherever she is, has no idea what she's in for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wq4uab4_9U

Beautiful fukking music. No pun intended.

I LOVE Rochelle Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!! When she dropped R O J O I was a bit late getting to it but ever since then I've been checking to her and couldn't wait for P R E S S U R E to come out.

OMG :wow: are we soulmates in music???

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I LOVE Rochelle Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!! When she dropped R O J O I was a bit late getting to it but ever since then I've been checking to her and couldn't wait for P R E S S U R E to come out.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

You are the FIRST person I've ever mentioned Rochelle Jordan to and actually know who she is.

I'm dropping you a PM. Check when you can.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
What is exactly wrong with them? Everyone has their own niche.

Would you rather them pop mollies, get turn up and quote drake?

yeah, because I can't stand anything that's different from the herd I'm copying this week.

I feel insecure that I'm too ashamed and not comfortable enough with myself to try anything different, so I must project my insecurities by feigning anger or ridiculing someone who isn't like me.

fukk them nikkas.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

You are the FIRST person I've ever mentioned Rochelle Jordan to and actually know who she is.

I'm dropping you a PM. Check when you can.

Aye, uh.. I love Rochelle Jordan too! fukk that nikkas PM I can talk music with you too baby

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Billal, Dwele, Erykah Badu, some of Vikter Duplaix's stuff, some of Jill Scott's stuff, Raphael Sadiq, etc

So you listen to an album as pure and organically excellent as Erykah Badu's "Baduizm" and the first thing that comes to your mind is "gimmicky trash"? Forreal? How is it a gimmick? It's a type of sound and vibe. I'm interested in why you feel how you feel.

because most "neo soul" people are from the hood and think thats far enough branched out to be different

badu is a whore and a poor example but her music is top notch. id even go as far as saying besides vocals she is only bringing 40% to her own albums (granted her concepts are pretty excellent)

if I wanted to be roots or soul then Id listen to anything from (motown to lynyrd skynyrd to country to janelle monae) people who are actually roots

its like everyone took arrested developments style and ran with it

even tribe did that gimmick shyt, look how long that lasted

give me esperanza spalding anyday

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we confusing Neo Soul with Afrocentrism? Neo Soul is just the new soul movement after it had pretty much gone missing in the 80s and early 90s save a few artists. Weird how we think of Soul music now. It was looked at in the same way in the 70s believe it or not. As the mainstream moved towards dance music and funk, soul was looked at as being from the old school or the cool school. History repeating itself.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina

this is where the pretentiousness comes into play.

trying to validate themselves by fronting like their music is above everybody elses.

" I like listening to Eric Benets no shoes wearing ass sing, cause he's not (insert whatever is considered "low class" but widly popular at the time)"

Which a normal thing for a hipster to say

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Neo Soul has nothing to do with Afrocentrism or being pro-black. fukk out ta here with that bullshyt.

Neo Soul muthaphuckas are the R&B equivalent of Backpackers. And yes, they are black hipsters too.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix

this is where the pretentiousness comes into play.

trying to validate themselves by fronting like their music is above everybody elses.

" I like listening to Eric Benets no shoes wearing ass sing, cause he's not (insert whatever is considered "low class" but widly popular at the time)"

I'm not even trying to be pretentious, I just used those as examples because people here complain about others doing those as well. (find the thread about "No new friends) people will always complain.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Neo soul movement spawned some of the best music ever made...

Voodoo, Who is jill scott, baduizm

fukk anyonehating on this. And neo soul and hipster music are 2 different things :pacspit:

Sugar

Banned
Daps
Wtf y'all hating on neo soul for? We gonna act like Dwele & Raheem Devaughn ain't some of the best black musicians?

Raheem DeVaughn is Jamie Foxx-lite :heh:

fukk that garbage ass nikka :ahaaaa: :ahaaaa: