Neo Soul = Black Hipsters

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
nikkas on the coli think it's cool to hate on virtually everything most people wouldn't hate on.

I'm beginning to believe they're just shytty opinion trolling sometimes, honestly :mjpls:

Honestly this was just a random thought I had today and decided to see if there was any truth to it.

Them neo soul heads be killing me tho.

Had a homie that used to ride around bumping Mint Condition.

How you going bump some Mint Conditon with a car full of nikkas :aicmon:

:ufdup: Save that shyt for cuddling with your girl

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
I was always under the impression that afrocentic people were some of the most pro-black around.

I think there seems to be some confusion about us pro-black negros. Like all of us are foaming at the mouth thinking up reason #9 ,465 for why we hate all white people. I have a massive love for my people, my culture, our history, our future, our music, our food, our physical, mental and spiritual greatness, and I have no desire to be in a relationship with any woman he isn't black. Besides my love for God, my family, and my passion for writing, my people come before everything.

With all of that said, though I can't relate to most of them, I get along just fine with white people and consider some of them to be best friends :manny:. Christian Bale is my favorite actor :manny:, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers make dope music :manny:, and while I don't mind most white women to be attactive, I'd probably fukk Jennifer Lawrence until she passed out from exhaustion :manny:

The last paragraph was unnecessary. Don't qualify yourself to these nikkas because they wouldn't understand at all. Just by being pro-black you paint an invisible target on your head for coli c00ns. "Pro-black = enemy" is how they think. A lot of them are also flat out white, so pay them no mind.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The last paragraph was unnecessary. Don't qualify yourself to these nikkas because they wouldn't understand at all. Just by being pro-black you paint an invisible target on your head for coli c00ns. "Pro-black = enemy" is how they think. A lot of them are also flat out white, so pay them no mind.

I just wanted to make sure it was known that I don't hate white people. Are large portion of them evil pieces of shyt? Yes, but some of them are extremely cool. I don't really care what these c00ns, uncle toms, or white people have to say about how I view the world and live my life though. No worries.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Reading of these post got me thinking that a lot of you have different definitions of what Neo-Soul is :lupe:

When I think of Neo Soul, I think of OKAYPLAYER.com

Am I right? :patrice:

Billal, Dwele, Erykah Badu, some of Vikter Duplaix's stuff, some of Jill Scott's stuff, Raphael Sadiq, etc

shyt is trash and a gimmick

So you listen to an album as pure and organically excellent as Erykah Badu's "Baduizm" and the first thing that comes to your mind is "gimmicky trash"? Forreal? How is it a gimmick? It's a type of sound and vibe. I'm interested in why you feel how you feel.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Billal, Dwele, Erykah Badu, some of Vikter Duplaix's stuff, some of Jill Scott's stuff, Raphael Sadiq, etc

So you listen to an album as pure and organically excellent as Erykah Badu's "Baduizm" and the first thing that comes to your mind is "gimmicky trash"? Forreal? How is it a gimmick? It's a type of sound and vibe. I'm interested in why you feel how you feel.

Personally, I think that the reason that neo-soul is seen as a gimmick is because a lot of those artists during that era were trying to re-do music that was already done and done better. If I wanted to listen to 70s soul, I'll dip into my music collection and listen to it. I don't need to listen to somebody trying to bring back that old sound. I want to here some new sounds and new styles by those artists. By doing that, R&B can bounce back.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Personally, I think that the reason that neo-soul is seen as a gimmick is because a lot of those artists during that era were trying to re-do music that was already done and done better. If I wanted to listen to 70s soul, I'll dip into my music collection and listen to it. I don't need to listen to somebody trying to bring back that old sound. I want to here some new sounds and new styles by those artists. By doing that, R&B can bounce back.

Including the artists I named? Can you suggest some 70s artists with similar styles? Because I've never head a song like "See You Next Life Time", "You Won't Be Lonely" or "This Woman's Worth" from that era, but would love to expand my horizons.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:ohlawd:

You be knowin'!

I want you to listen to this album and PM me what you think. It was one of my favorite releases last year. I think this girl's songwriting and soundmaking ability is phenomenal. I love her and relate to her soul so distinctly.

P R E S S U R E | Rochelle Jordan

Wtf y'all hating on neo soul for? We gonna act like Dwele & Raheem Devaughn ain't some of the best black musicians?

:wow:

No homo, but I really, really, really need to fukk to this song. That girl, wherever she is, has no idea what she's in for.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wq4uab4_9U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wq4uab4_9U[/ame]

Beautiful fukking music. No pun intended.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
:wow:

No homo, but I really, really, really need to fukk to this song. That girl, wherever she is, has no idea what she's in for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wq4uab4_9U

Beautiful fukking music. No pun intended.

nikka we talkin bout fukkin music? Not neo soul but I just came across this joint

[ame=http://youtu.be/B9rSBcoX9ak]Ciara - Body Party - YouTube[/ame]

:ohlawd: I may demolish a bytch if we have this on

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
What is exactly wrong with them? Everyone has their own niche.

Would you rather them pop mollies, get turn up and quote drake?

this is where the pretentiousness comes into play.

trying to validate themselves by fronting like their music is above everybody elses.

" I like listening to Eric Benets no shoes wearing ass sing, cause he's not (insert whatever is considered "low class" but widly popular at the time)"