Neo Soul = Black Hipsters

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Nah I won't correct you. But I do have this star for your stupendous thread making skills :yes:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It may appear so on the surface, but I'd equate them to faux-afrocentrists. Not that there's anything wrong with neo soul or Afrocentrism, it's probably one of the better sub-cultures.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
Every person I know who listens to Neo Soul are the most pretentious dikkheads ever

They're what the "real hip hop" heads are to Hip Hop in R&B

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
shyt always been corny to me
I like my R&B to be about fking like R. Kelly & Jodeci :takedat:
All that sun, moon and stars shyt? :scusthov:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Forget the neo-soul shyt......someone explain to me the black hippie shyt that been goin' on

I be lookin' at Lenny Kravitz, Freddie from A Different World and Denise from the Cosby Show like :wtf:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Naw. Neo Soul is in a league of its own. Both are pretentious as fukk tho. I've seen black hipsters and they pretty much do the same shyt as white hipsters. Do things for the sake of irony. Hate things when they go mainstream.

Forget the neo-soul shyt......someone explain to me the black hippie shyt that been goin' on

I be lookin' at Lenny Kravitz, Freddie from A Different World and Denise from the Cosby Show like :wtf:

They're hipsters now. Pretty much dressing like all the TV characters you named. They go to rock shows, listen to Joy Division, Odd Future, and Kid Cudi because theyre so "cool" "different" and "anti-mainstream". Downtown LA and the fairfax district is flooded with these muthafukkas :wow: