26 Sep 1929, Thu • Page 46

GORqRob.jpg

Daily News
New York, New York

20 Mar 1934, Tue • Page 266

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@Get These Nets and @IllmaticDelta Have you heard of The Star Order of Ethiopia?

CiNt3IW.jpg

The Broad Ax
Salt Lake City, Utah

26 Jun 1920, Sat • Page 1

TMbFkBd.jpg

Chicago Tribune
Chicago, Illinois

22 Jun 1920, Tue • Page 4

WtUTBBk.jpg

Chicago Tribune
Chicago, Illinois

21 Jun 1920, Mon • Page 3

0BWFD7s.jpg

tijdVQU.jpg

Reno Gazette-Journal
Reno, Nevada

26 Sep 1929, Thu • Page 1

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing something about it once when I was reading up on BTA movements/early hebrew israelite type groups

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure. I'll do some research and find out. But, they have LOTS of hit pieces - White were on their ass.

Yeah, it seems like after Fard was kicked out of Detriot - they moved shop to Chicago.

All I can say is Black folks, particularly Black men were not playing back then!

Especially those who moved to the Midwest during the Great Migration.

Detroit and Chicago was loaded with these type of groups... Noble Drew Ali was in Chicago too:russ:

drewalivisit11.jpeg

8985882.jpg

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Detroit and Chicago was loaded with these type of groups... Noble Drew Ali was in Chicago too:russ:

drewalivisit11.jpeg

8985882.jpg

I'm about to start researching Fard cause the clips I am finding on him are a mess.

I need to know how he got such a foothold in our communities. They had to really believe he was just a light-skinned Black man. Plus, he came at the right time - right place.

I don't think he would have gotten anywhere in the deep South.

isJjGBR.jpg

a9I7CSD.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Is this the hitpiece that was linked to the early NOI?

I see the location of the story and guessing that it's roughly the same time as the other stories in the post.

There was a grisly murder that law enforcement tried to pin to a member of the early NOI that made the general public afraid of them. This sounds like it might be the story. People associate the Nation of Islam with Chicago, but I believe it came together in Michigan.

Yes, it's the story. The "sacrificial rite" hit piece.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm about to start researching Fard cause the clips I am finding on him are a mess.

I need to know how he got such a foothold in our communities. They had to really believe he was just a light-skinned Black man. Plus, he came at the right time - right place.

He told them (black people) he was black/they thought he was just light skinned. Repost from another thread

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/noi...jah-muhammad-died.760839/page-3#post-36946302

Still doesn’t explain Fard being the only non black leader involved in those movements who directly sought out black people and their communities versus his own for example

perfect storm....

1. Detroit was a hot bed at that time for Islamic/Eastern influences

2. He soaked up the lessons of Noble Drew Ali and it gave some weight with many of the blacks that would later follow him

3. He gave an origin story that he was of african descent + middle eastern (again, nothing about his features would have made "black" people see him as non-black, as long as he was of african descent via 1 drop rule....and he told them he was african descent)

according to elijah, Fard said he was african descent

rLdVH84.jpg

and I said earlier, non-white immigrants, especially ones who were darker/non-east-asian, could blend/travel into afroamerican circles easier + non-white immigrants could understand the struggle of african americans trying to fight against white supremacy

MLQpzB8.jpg

rtpviSo.jpg

RL4jR8n.jpg

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

isJjGBR.jpg

a9I7CSD.jpg

he had to have lied and told them he was black, mixed or something like a “black Arab” or just let everyone assume :patrice:

But still Nobody in Detroit believing he was black especially if he had broken English and a middle eastern/Indian accent. :mjtf:

he preyed on the poor people. Deceived them.

Religion clouds peoples thinking and back then
I think times were different people were open to that spiritual/cult type stuff and they just went with it. Anything that offered them hope or inspiration

there was a good video series on YouTube exposing Fard. Like 2 hours long with facts and then it got taken down.

It’s crazy people to this day still believe in him and follow the religion he basically helped create.

But I don’t even think Fard knew exactly what he was starting back then.:manny:

edit: just saw the spoiler post above. We been known in this thread that Fard was a Fraud :banderas:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
He told them (black people) he was black/they thought he was just light skinned. Repost from another thread

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/noi...jah-muhammad-died.760839/page-3#post-36946302

perfect storm....

1. Detroit was a hot bed at that time for Islamic/Eastern influences

2. He soaked up the lessons of Noble Drew Ali and it gave some weight with many of the blacks that would later follow him

3. He gave an origin story that he was of african descent + middle eastern (again, nothing about his features would have made "black" people see him as non-black, as long as he was of african descent via 1 drop rule....and he told them he was african descent)

according to elijah, Fard said he was african descent

rLdVH84.jpg

and I said earlier, non-white immigrants, especially ones who were darker/non-east-asian, could blend/travel into afroamerican circles easier + non-white immigrants could understand the struggle of african americans trying to fight against white supremacy

MLQpzB8.jpg

rtpviSo.jpg

RL4jR8n.jpg

Detroit was a hot bed at that time for Islamic/Eastern influences

I noticed that! Honestly - from the clips I have been seeing Indians/Eastern Influences were all over the Midwest, North and some of the South.

It was a whole bunch of "seers" and healers - from there trying to get a way in our communities for those spiritual dollars.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Detroit was a hot bed at that time for Islamic/Eastern influences

I noticed that! Honestly - from the clips I have been seeing Indians/Eastern Influences were all over the Midwest, North and some of the South.

It was a whole bunch of "seers" and healers - from there trying to get a way in our communities for those spiritual dollars.
Detroit area probably had one of the largest Arab communities in America at the time,