NBA Contemplating Eliminating The Draft Lottery: Check Out The Possible Replacement

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
So, hypothetically, lets say the Cavs have the #1 pick going into next year's 2014 draft and the Lakers have the #1 pick in 2015. What would stop Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, and Julius Randle from staying an extra year in college in order to not be drafted by the Cavs, but instead the Lakers?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The would create those Lakers drafting Magic Johnson and Celtics loaded drafting Larry Bird years again. I am against it. There will never be a good lottery system because classes aren't equal and it's hard to acquire it unless your a certain franchise any other way.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
so they can rig the fukking thing even more?

lol @ the nba draft taking place on an episode of wheel of fortune

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The biggest problem is the imbalanced conferences. It's makes an average to decent team like the Hawks and Raptors a playoff team and only a true scrub will have a shot at a lotto pick.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:russ: this is actually a huge hole in the idea

Ehh Not Really, Some Guys Are So Impatient They Just Wanna Be The NBA, Also You Dont Know where You Can Land The Following Year

LOL @ The Confidance At Holding Youself Back A Year Cuz You KNOW Your Gonna Be Drafted #1 The Next Year, Says Who? lol

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh Not Really, Some Guys Are So Impatient They Just Wanna Be The NBA, Also You Dont Know where You Can Land The Following Year

LOL @ The Confidance At Holding Youself Back A Year Cuz You KNOW Your Gonna Be Drafted #1 The Next Year, Says Who? lol
actually maybe u got a point :ehh: i guess i was thinkin along the terms of a bron

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Like others have said, the biggest problem with this is top players picking the years that they declare for the draft....Unless they raise the age limit (and years out of high school) rule one more year again.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Terrible idea. They need to get rid of the lottery altogether and have the worst team get the 1st pick like other sports. The lottery doesn't stop anyone from tanking.

That Pretty Much Encourages Tanking Though Doesn't It?

I Dont See What The Problem Is With The Lottery (If It Stayed True To An ACTUAL Lottery And Isnt Fixed)

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, hypothetically, lets say the Cavs have the #1 pick going into next year's 2014 draft and the Lakers have the #1 pick in 2015. What would stop Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, and Julius Randle from staying an extra year in college in order to not be drafted by the Cavs, but instead the Lakers?

Only one of them can go to the Lakers for starters. Secondly the Lakers would only have that top 1 pick once in a 30 year span so it's not like any one team can just load up on top picks. Lastly if nikkas regularly do shyt like that then there would be no argument against raising the age limit because guys would already be on a self-impose limit looking to get drafted in the right year.

I personally don't see anything wrong with top players having a modicum of control over where they end up.