NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m hearing that the network will not only be spending a lot more on NBA rights, but also that its executives have prioritized maintaining UFC rights, too. (Those negotiations kick off in the fall.) Jimmy Pitaro is also looking at MLB rights. All in all, that’s a lot of cash outlay, and the CFP would be wise to accept the deal quickly while it has a bird in hand.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

I’m hearing that the network will not only be spending a lot more on NBA rights, but also that its executives have prioritized maintaining UFC rights, too. (Those negotiations kick off in the fall.) Jimmy Pitaro is also looking at MLB rights. All in all, that’s a lot of cash outlay, and the CFP would be wise to accept the deal quickly while it has a bird in hand.

Adam silver fukking up the bag for the other leagues.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

College football really can't get out of its own way... :snoop:

Greedy fukks JUST SAW what happened to the Pac 12 and they still acting like they run everything

I'm almost done with this sport

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They don't want to leave ABC/Disney and Warner Bros./TNT. That would ultimately be bad for the league. I think their new deal will be similar to what we just saw out of NASCAR. ESPN and TNT will probably show less games and a streamer like Amazon will jump in and snatch up some games and maybe even some playoff games too.

Remember when people were like "where the fukk is the Chiefs and Dolphins game? Why it on Peacock??" You'll see more and more of that.... shyt gonna be spread around like crazy. That's the only way they are getting the type of money they expect.

Also, the expansion is like the worst kept secret ever. People been saying Vegas and Seattle as the two teams for years now.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Puck Media’s John Ourand with an update from All-Star weekend:

1. The rights bake-off: Indianapolis was overflowing with reps from media companies expected to bid on NBA rights—including ESPN and Warner Bros. Discovery, of course, but also NBC, Netflix, Apple, and YouTube. A big ESPN contingent led by Jimmy Pitaro, Burke Magnus, Roz Durant, and Chara-Lynn Aguiar met with the league on Friday afternoon. WBD also met with the NBA on the pending rights deal over the weekend, with LuisSilberwasser and Bruce Campbelltaking the lead in that meeting. Amazon’s Jay Marine, NBC’s Jon Miller, and Apple’s Jim DeLorenzoalso were spotted in the halls of the JW Marriott.
    But it’s unlikely those meetings changed the odds of who wins the NBA’s rights auction. ESPN and Amazon are still considered shoo-ins for their packages. To a person, Turner executives also express confidence that they will renew a package. (During his pregame interview on Sunday on TNT, Silver sounded hopeful and confident about a WBD renewal.) And I keep hearing that NBC is seriously in the mix for a slice of the rights pie. The question is whether Turner and NBC will battle over a third package, or if the NBA creates four of them, which would leave Turner and NBC with one each. All told, I still put the NBA’s over/under from its media rights haul at $5 billionper year, which is just about double what it currently brings in.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

@K-Apps

Sure sounds like NBA remaining with Warner Bros Discovery is a done deal

I just read Ourand’s latest column just now, sounds like Amazon and Disney are locks to get a package with WBD confident they will get a package. Only question is whether or not NBC gets the 4th package or shares one with WBD where the co-produce a NBA Finals or something like that.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I just read Ourand’s latest column just now, sounds like Amazon and Disney are locks to get a package with WBD confident they will get a package. Only question is whether or not NBC gets the 4th package or shares one with WBD where the co-produce a NBA Finals or something like that.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Didn’t take long