Naughty Dog Developing...a Last of Us Remake

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love ND but let's keep it real, they haven't made much of anything out of Uncharted and The last of Us for 15 years.
That's a LONG time.

now we’re deducting points for not creating enough original IP?

Man there are so many developers that fall into that category lol

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not deducting points myself, I'm just saying nearly two decades of the same two series is a rough ride for a fan of
a company which has spawned other IP's.
I still love Crash Bandicoot & Jack & Daxter despite having not played them all or beaten them all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
literally dropped 4 new ip in the past year (ghost, destruction, dreams,returnal) the facts are that it’s harder to sell a new IP.

As much as people beg for them, Nintendo’s formula proves established franchises carry entire consoles.

it’s why Sony is making so many shows and movies on PlayStation games now. Brand recognition for casuals
Nintendo isn’t making cinematic games they make games where the focus is on pure gameplay so they get away with it. Most Nintendo games barely have stories. Nobody can really say Mario Galaxy plays like Mario World or Mario Odyssey.

The gameplay is solid in The Last of Us and Uncharted but the focus seems to be cinematic story telling.

After a period of time in such worlds telling stories it’s gonna get stale.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

I had a whole post written out
But fukk all that
Yes, ND should be deducted points for no originality
Just like the gaming industry as a whole
New, original IPs get buried under Triple AAA games
I get you loved TLOU2
But where does fandom end and genuine critique begin
And not written off as “incel, hate talk”
Just because you disagree with a point of view

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love Naughty Dawg but damn its time to move on!!!:why: its 2021 you got the ps5 make a NEW series and NEW game entirely!!!

Who said they aren’t? It specifically says in the article is VASG that started the project and naughty dog are running support.

Naughty dog proper are prob working on factions 2 right now since they said they only got one project in active production and 3 more in pre

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Who said they aren’t? It specifically says in the article is VASG that started the project and naughty dog are running support.

Naughty dog proper are prob working on factions 2 right now since they said they only got one project in active production and 3 more in pre

I hear you but that's not what I heard breh...:dahell: Last of us remake for ps5?!!? :what: what kind of bullshyt is that???

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hear you but that's not what I heard breh...:dahell: Last of us remake for ps5?!!? :what: what kind of bullshyt is that???

Yeah it’s not naughty dogs game, it was VASG’s. Thats why there was controversy cause they started it as a project of their own then sony came in and told them to pump the breaks and got ND to put some staff on it. VASG (they’re also doing halo infinite) is a Sony owned studio that does the effects and motion capture and they wanted a game to work on their own to transition to a proper development studio. They were originally gonna remake an uncharted game but found it easier to do TLOU since tehy already had a lot of the assets on hand.

There are over 300 people working at ND at the moment they don’t need their entire studio to remake a game.

Naughty Dogs next big game is not TLOU remake

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is just another example of developers playing it safe. On the other hand the public's appetite for new IPs is mercurial.