Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other than that Jareau shyt this shyt is pure flames.

You gotta wonder what goes three these young mumble rap nikkas minds when they listen to this level of rhyming.

They should be embarrassed that the old nikkas rap circles around them with ease...but I bet they still don't give a shyt. Frustrating as fukk.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This shyt threw me off guard with how good it is lol this might be better than LIG but time will tell this album is amazing there's definitely a few missteps but this proves nas is undisputed GOAT I'm glad to have lived and experienced every single one of his albums yeah I'm old but illmatic to this made it worth it

FAM i was thinking that but you had the balls to say it ima give it a week but my 1st thought was damn LIG might gotta slide down the list a slot after this

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Nas and Pete Rock byke
:mjcry:

Everyone talking about QB Politics but that first Pete Rock joint is crazy too. The swing on it classic PR.

i usually dont like when a sample is brought back out unless its totally re-worked, but it has a whole diff tempo and its Nas and Pete so yea im all over it lol. so glad Pete is on this

and dudes need to be nice to Swizzy today, he brought it. i usually hate their collabs, these 2 are dope, especially Adult Film which is looking like a top 3 cut to me :leon:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
lol my boy Dani just said that on twitter, i think it is
Yeah your boy Dani is right.

Pretty sure the best for it never ends is from circa 2013/2014 and from the height of his no added drums era.

It’s interesting to hear Nas over. Was hoping for a 00’s beat but I ain’t mad at a 10’s one either.

Last edited:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:ohlawd:
my fave album this year so far after 3 listens
where to begin to explain how dope this is?
:wow:you know what all this typing just made want to listen to it again. out!!

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's okay. Solid nothing spectacular but definitely not bad. I kept a few songs. Production just doesn't move me at all. Nas still rhyming at superior levels to nearly everyone but the production is lackluster outside a few songs. No ID and Pete Rock salute.

A couple of stand outs: Art of It, Queensbridge Politics, Beautiful Life

I cant say the production is that bad, mimimalist but I thought of that with the first Lost Tapes and people grew to love that album's beats.
Gotta think too, it beats were that flames they'd be on the albums, but again: I just dont see his production being as bad as people say