Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
feelin it, more skips than the first, but a high quality project

the A list producers all showed out...except No I.D. i dont love that as the albums finale, beat kinda flat. Pete, Pharrell, Swizz, RZA, and ALC all repped. Who Are You is dope i dont recall that one
That was supposed to be on Untitled but it got left off by mistake I believe. Either mistake or regret.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
chart data‏ @chartdata 1m1 minute ago
.@Nas' 'The Lost Tapes 2' has entered the top 5 on US iTunes (albums).

giphy.gif

Again it's a Compilation so sales expectations should be kept in check but the original actually did very well on the charts back in 02. As I previously wrote, it hit Top 10 on the Pop Charts and #3 on the R&B/Rap Album Charts. Obviously Beyonce gonna win on the charts and box office but hopefully people check this out. Speaking of Beyonce Lion King Truthers, lol. Tidal had the Lion King Album and Lost Tapes 2 as the premier albums on the main page. Also Hov actually shouted out NaS on his new verse and compared him to the greats in Music

I be feelin' like Prince in '84 (Ow) Mike in '79, Biggie in '97, '94 Nas” - Hov

NaS also has another "Lion King" connection as both "ILLmatic" and "Lion King" were released just 2 months apart in 94'. This year is the 25th Anniversary for both.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Without a doubt this is most definitely one of Nas best release in a while, it's dope and I'd say it's way better than Nasir...every song on here bangs imo (excluding that Jerusalem track).

The production on here is pretty great... there's alot of old school / soulful samples I recognize on certain tracks and lyrically Nas still got it.

Is this better than Lost Tapes Pt 1 obviously no however it stands as a great companion piece follow up to the classic aforementioned, all across the board it's levels above Nasir on every aspect (beats, lyrics, flow etc).