Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
It's okay. Solid nothing spectacular but definitely not bad. I kept a few songs. Production just doesn't move me at all. Nas still rhyming at superior levels to nearly everyone but the production is lackluster outside a few songs. No ID and Pete Rock salute.

A couple of stand outs: Art of It, Queensbridge Politics, Beautiful Life

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Dope, Nas is my favorite rapper and this the type of shyt that reminds me why. I knew the joint that leaked was just him experimenting, you try some off the wall shyt it can go either way lol. Nas is always gonna be able to rap, but over the type of production people wanna hear, it makes a huge difference. I thought Nasir was cool, but the replay value wasn't that high for much of it, I expect this to stay in my rotation longer

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
It makes me wonder why it took 2 years for someone to dedicate a song or do a tribute track for prodigy.

I'm glad nas was the one to do it though

me too, over some vintage Pete? ill take it, from a song writing standpoint it stands out on 2 listens, this was obviously one of the more recent ones and its dope af

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't listen to a single snippet. I was patiently waiting. The whole experience.

Always a pleasure to hear the Goat spit. I know brehs have unrealistic expectations. We all want tracks like Purple, Doo Rags, Gotta Love it, etc... I'm just happy to play some new Nas and don't let social media make you think it is trash.