Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
you-should-idolize-nas-in-the-flesh-dont-wait-til-45195927.png

dunn you fam to me:wow:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:

Again my man, not to keep beating this into the ground but I own several of his albums on vinyl that my dad bought back in the day and used to play when I was a kid. You're acting like he was some fringe artist that it's so unbelievable people rocked with him that are also into hip-hop. He won over 10 grammys and has numerous multi platinum albums. You don't exactly have to go deep crate digging to find an Al Jarreau record. :heh:

He had notable recognition on a mainstream level. I still remember Tommy Davidson's stand-up routine poking fun at his style. He was for all intents and purposes a pop artist based on his notoriety, even though his background was in jazz.

You have to be on the younger side to be surprised or not know about any of this. Playing his music coming up was no different than having Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman, Stevie Wonder or any other artist of that era that got play on your local soul or easy listening station. Like I said, go peep the threads that have been made about him or any of the RIP threads made the day he died. It was even stickied if I'm not mistaken.

all facts