Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas experiments and has experience with creating music outside of what people expect. He is not just creating for his fans. He likes different sounds and is comfortable with sharing it. Everyone doesn’t have to like it or accept it.

I feel everything u said, but this ain't it bro.
No one will like this.. The last album
wasn't well received it's critical we come
back hard.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nas experiments and has experience with creating music outside of what people expect. He is not just creating for his fans. He likes different sounds and is comfortable with sharing it. Everyone doesn’t have to like it or accept it.
Please, if you have any influence or anything within Nas camp, tell them to hold on a sec, this one needa go back in the vault :mjlol:

Y’all can’t be enabling this man. Otherwise we woulda been getting shyt like this out back when

Nah, y’all doing my man Nas dirty :laff:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Brehs wanted Nas to be trapped, man. When you think about the criticisms IWW faced...it becomes clear a lot of dudes wanted Nas to just be OC. No disrespect to OC...but a dude with two albums people liked before he fell off the map, and even if he made a comeback (like OC did with the Apollo Brown album) those same old heads wouldn't support it.

Nas' career is far from perfect but he's done a great job of hitting at the right time. IWW saved his career and made him a star. I Am was a huge success (and he fed the streets with the unreleased joints). Stillmatic revived his image. Life Is Good helped define how a rapper SHOULD age gracefully. Yea having Illmatic in his back pocket was very important...but Nas wouldn't be NAS if it wasn't for the hits that came after that.

Cut the bullshyt. OC stayed putting out dope albums. He actually even made a semi jiggy record in Bon Appetit but it still had monster cuts from Buckwild on it.

Nas just made LOTS of garbage. Inexcusable trash that speak to a lost, shockingly dumb man. This Jarreau shyt is par for the course.

But hey, he may rap about shooting dice or wearing guess over a Pete Rock banger so the stans can pretend he’s still the man another year.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude and his team better smarten up on the music side.
LOL! Nas has been making music for damn near 30 yrs. Nas is music smart, highly developed & capable of expressing his art in different music forms: rhythm, pitch, melody, and timbre. In other words his love of music is not based on the typical hip hip sound. Nas is not new to this he is true to this. What one person doesn’t like another will treasure.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Please, if you have any influence or anything within Nas camp, tell them to hold on a sec, this one needa go back in the vault :mjlol:

Y’all can’t be enabling this man. Otherwise we woulda been getting shyt like this out back when

Nah, y’all doing my man Nas dirty :laff:

Son what the fukk is this???

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cut the bullshyt. OC stayed putting out dope albums. He actually even made a semi jiggy record in Bon Appetit but it still had monster cuts from Buckwild on it.

Nas just made LOTS of garbage. Inexcusable trash that speak to a lost, shockingly dumb man. This Jarreau shyt is par for the course.

But hey, he may rap about shooting dice or wearing guess over a Pete Rock banger so the stans can pretend he’s still the man another year.
You are very upset.