Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I could understand expecting bigger ideas from Nas and Kanye but I still feel like it was a solid 3.5 out of 5. If it coulda been maybe 4 songs longer, had a Pusha T and a Ross feature...the general overview would be different

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cops shot the kid is still annoying as fukk.

I probably like "Everything" and the closing track better than anything on King's Disease minus the firm track though.

Everything is lyrically superior to anything on Kings Disease save The Cure. So is Adam and Eve.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
all the songs are good they just werent executed right...a few could have been recorded over..maybe a few lines switched. you can tell Nas was able to do that on all of his other albums. this one he sounds rushed and uncomfortable and it's not like the beats are not his style. he just wasnt able to really build with the music like he normally would

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not crazy about Nasir as a whole. I really like 3/7 of the songs and out of those 3 songs, only "Adam & Eve" was exceptional. It was cool for what it was, but it definitely isn't on par with Lost Tapes 2 or King's Disease.

I really had no expectations of a Nas project entirely produced by Kanye. It would've been something that I would've though would be nothing short of masterful circa 2001-2010, but Kanye's direction and production since then has been all over the place.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i messed w/ this much more than his last two projects. i feel like if kanye's name wasnt attached it would be better received.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nahhhh, that shyt still light in the cakes, can't finesse my ears with the revisionism, lol.

3/5 at best, more so because Nas was light with the pen than Kanye being light on the boards