Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Abdi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Horn of Africa.
:ohhh:

Damn...if it was just the beat I would be hesitant to believe it, just because so many people go after the same samples without realizing it. If I heard that sample I would've probably heard Nas on it in my mind. But with the picture too? Not sure what to think.

I gotta say this though...that producer picked a good loop but that No Idea's Original acapella that he put on there sounds off-beat as fukk and really bad.

There is no way this is a coincidence.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Not what I expected but this grew on me all day. And I like that it’s different.

Yeah I want a few more Messages or Doo Rags. And he’s a little iffy at places but at least he usually has energy in his delivery. The worse nas is the uninspired AND offbeat nas. I could see listening in the future as opposed to nastradamus, HHID, or SD that I rarely listen to more than one or two songs.

But I could use a few bonus tracks :jbhmm:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Kanye straight jacked an unknown producer's album cover and Adam and Eve beat

:snoop::snoop:

Also jacked someone else on Kids See Ghosts

Everyone Keeps Telling Me Kanye West Sampled My Song—I’m Starting to Believe Them

:snoop:

And the irony that it was a remix of No Idea's Original :russ:

Although it's a slippery slope as far as identical samples. That shyt happened ALL THE TIME in the 90s. You know how many songs flipped Deniece Williams - Free the exact same way? lol.

Oh wait, the album cover is from the same dude? NVM

source.gif

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
And regarding the anti vaxxer shyt, it’s mostly about a child experiencing pain/betrayal for the first time. The only line with baggage is “side effects.” And 5%ers were way ahead on that bs. Prodigy on the genesis talks about taking your seeds to get shots.

Loaded topic with what’s going on but it’s not at bad as people make it. And anyone who has taken their kids to get shots knows the look they give you afterwards like “can I still trust you after this”:patrice:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i know its prolly been asked a ton but does anyone have a link they can send? i tried googling and i keep getting links that tell me i have to complete surveys and shyt in order to download. i dont trust them things.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
It has nothing to do with skill level. It's that Jay and Nas still sound the same as they did when they first debuted. There's that consistency. Eminem hasn't been consistent since the 8 Mile soundtrack.

I disagree at no point was Em as good as Nas or Jay and he doesn't have an album anywhere in his catalog that's as good as illmatic/stillmatic/Iam or RD/Blueprint/BA. Back in his prime or now so the consistency comment can :camby:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jay petty as fukk for dropping it now.

That's a dikkmove to Nas but especially to Kanye.

Not streaming that shyt off principle.

Eh...game is the game and Pusha himself said June is prime real estate. Plus Good Music/Mike Dean cost Nas nearly 24 hours of streams...that's now Hov's fault.