Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
On first listen I like 4 out of the 7 tracks. Pretty much the same as Pusha’s.

White Label is the worst song by far.

Cops is okay. But the track is annoying and Kanye has an “All Lives Matter” verse that nikkas is gonna give him a pass for.

Not for the Radio and Everything are super dope.

Bonjour is beautiful music

7.5-8 outta 10

Spin

All Star
Daps
Simple Things is okay:

tumblr_nr4q8f39Zx1qmgmu2o1_500.gif

Overall, this album is on a different vibe that's not working with most Nas head judging by most of the replies in the thread, along with the most sloppy ass album releases since Food and Liquor. Nas always works better on those introspective type of tracks and not so much the hard shyt, which in this case works well in his favor. It's like a trip to when times were simpler. It's a nostalgia feeling that this album is bringing along with spiritual guidance lyrics which we need in these dire times. Bottom line, I'm giving this album a Life is Good out of Illmatic:ehh:

I feel like Kanye was trying to give Simple Things a similar vibe as Life’s Like a Dice Game/Deja Vu. It’s cool, but the whole album is missing something. It’s like these are just Nas acapellas and Kanye made beats around them.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I feel like Kanye was trying to give Simple Things a similar vibe as Life’s Like a Dice Game/Deja Vu. It’s cool, but the whole album is missing something. It’s like these are just Nas acapellas and Kanye made beats around them.

Probably better mastering because the album honestly sound like it got pumped out of Audacity, which is not much of a bad thing sicne I love imperfection in music (I'm weird about music lol). Maybe Ye should have reach out to some lesser known producers to give the album a bit of a rugged Lo-Fi feel:ld: