Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
It didn’t hit me like a conventional Nas album

There is no concept

No story telling track

The typical features from his inner circle

It’s literally just seven great records with Nas rapping over great production...

As a fan this is what I’ve been campaigning for... for years at that

This is his most cohesive project in almost 10 years..
You right there are no great story telling tracks on this album have to save something for the next project.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
After waking up and re-listening (a few times) this morning, the only track I don't feel is Bonjour. Beat is dope, hook is nice, but lyrically it's forgettable. Sounds like something Ross would annihilate. "shortie see me coming from a mile away, I call that an eye witness." nah fam lol

My standouts are Adam & Eve and Simple Things. Some mixed feelings on the other tracks but overall I like them. My disappoint lies with Pusha I guess. When he was talking about Kanye being a hardcore rap fan, and based on Kanye's previous comments on Nas...I was expecting darker sounds, harder (and faster) drums. This sounds like it could have been Kanye's album to me.

Not a fan of the drum programming man, sounds kinda thrown together. Like the mixing. Sigh.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, stop c00ning. We know exactly what he was saying and doing. He was c00ning.

It's hilarious how those cornballs are trying to spin what Kanye said :mjlol:

Like him flat out saying slavery was a choice, retweeting MAGA and alt right BS on twitter and running around with a Trump hat is open for interpretation :russ:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It's hilarious how those cornballs are trying to spin what Kanye said :mjlol:

Like him flat out saying slavery was a choice, retweeting MAGA and alt right BS on twitter and running around with a Trump hat is open for interpretation :russ:

Word. Even running around with that clown alt-right rhetoric spitting idiot Candace Owens. That @tuckdog dude been trying to spin the Kanye c00nery for over a month. He even said he wished his kids would c00n like Kanye. shyt ridiculous.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Everything on this album is perfect except nas flow

The themes content & production is top of the line & better than the other 3 projects imo

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Illmatic was dope tho

Of course it is. Its one of the greatest albums of all time.

But 25 years later ain’t NO artist trying to go back to that well again. It only ever TRULY worked for Raekwon and he was the exception not the rule.

Nas is an artist who thrives off of challenge and reinvention. There is NO challenge whatsoever in reinterpretating illmatic in any form. From artwork down to producers/beats, Illmatic is a complete body of work that belongs where it is and has an established legacy.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, Nas going back to illmatic in any form would be the end of his career. You can’t improve upon perfection. You can only attempt to make new bodies of work that can live up to and expand upon your personal legacy.

Nasir is an expansion of Nas’s legacy.