Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA

Im sick of this attitude. Ive been hearing it for the last 12 years and enough is enough.
Anyone who wants Nas over boom bap beats, theres plenty of material in his back catalogue for that. fukk, his last album he did that with Locomotive and Nasty. When will enough be enough for these people?

Daps

Im sick of this attitude. Ive been hearing it for the last 12 years and enough is enough.
Anyone who wants Nas over boom bap beats, theres plenty of material in his back catalogue for that. fukk, his last album he did that with Locomotive and Nasty. When will enough be enough for these people?

Once I get a hold on this album and hear it myself I'll create twitter account just so I can insult this 1930s rocky balboa talkin fakkit

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Kanye and his camp prob got the album on hold to be "provocative" cause "it get's the people going", just look at how damn long this thread is right now

They aint that strategic bruh. Nigs is just unprofessional and tardy.

Also that strategy would be dumb af. If anything you're LOSING sales.

Think about anything else in life. How many times have you waited in line longer than you anticipated for something? The longer you wait the BETTER the product/service has to be to satisfy you.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Why are people getting worked up over RA'S dusty ass?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I've liked him in the past but fukk this dude. I don't want to hear no definitive opinions on an album that hasn't even been officially released. I've only heard parts of 3 tracks but 2 of them sounded fine, beat wise. Didn't hear enough of the other (the intro). But like I said...shyt not even out, not even mastered, and people burying Nas. WTF.

I will say this tho: this is the worst album rollout for a major release I've seen in years. Even TLOP, which was a disaster in many ways, was out on time. The Daytona album came out around midnight, the Ye album came out around midnight, and the KSG album came out around noon...how the fukk is it 7PM EST and this isn't out? Meanwhile Def Jam and Mass Appeal posting memes joking about it?!
:hhh:

I'm annoyed, not mad. But I don't like seeing my favorite rapper get embarrassed like this. What should have been a celebratory night was wasted, and even that could have been salvaged if the album was simply out today by...noon or so? It would suck but hey, we'd be listening and people would have largely moved on from that convo.

I'd bet money Interscope/TDE leaked Jay Rock's album early, and then released it early, because they knew Kanye and Nas would dominate social media reactions that evening. Instead this happened. My head hurts...

:snoop:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

giphy.gif

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok. In seriousness. I'm not mad at all. I like trolling a bit and shyt posting but this is an all time great Lyricist collaborating with an all time great producer.

They don't really owe us anything. I'm enjoying the shyt outta the stream rips in the time being. Which ain't even that bad. The ones from this morning on YouTube.
Slippery slope you on there bruh

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood

The reason nas is still around is because he’s often tried to do something different. Sometimes he fails. Often succeeds. The irony of wanting him to do something from 25 years ago is lost on them.