Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yo son.....why this thread the opposite of the rest of the planet!!! Nas is the rap god of my generation and my street running was the 90’s...to sound relevant and be heard you must stay evolving....think about it, my Superman died in a wheelchair:wow:, I watched Han Solo get shanked by his own seed:wow::wow:, even Luke Skywalker fizzled out like bussin a 2nd courtesy nut:wow::wow::wow:

Bbbb But Nas is still dropping bevel blade precision bars at 40+ with meaning :ehh: Then Ye masterfully let the durag marinate on the beat machine to create these 360 waves for the god to just float over:blessed:

This release sounds like Nas being free and human. An album of anything and everything!:mjcry:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This song is horrible brehs

Nas sounds out of place... knew this would happen.

2nd song isn’t much better. I dont think kanye and nas make a good team. I can tell nas’ writing was influenced by kanye too. Some of the lines are just shock value and that’s not his style

This shyt trash..his flow is terrible..sounds old n washed

Sounds really bad. I know nas can still rap. This production is awful

I see why Nas was late

:sadcam:

Kanye dropped three straight duds

The one song I did hear Nas flow sounded off AF:francis:

I think we need to accept the fact that kanye is weirdo trash now as a producer. Putting him and nas together is a mistake because nas can’t pick beats

this shyt so bad, time moved backwards and Nas lost the beef.

This is such an embarrassment... so so embarrassing.

Super disappointed ..knew i was gonna be let down...he cant flow anymore

I'm a stan and I got 3 songs in on a 7 song album and they were all underwhelming...

nikkaz bout to beg for salam remi back :heh:
:mjlol:

While nikkas was talking about Escobuffering, AOL, and Sega Genesis quality streams, y'all came out of nowhere with strong opinions based off the same streams we were desperately trying to get to work. Hov paying that good, huh?:patrice:

I'll be back when the album drops on my Apple Music.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Just listened to the stream and the album is fire. Nas and Kanye didn't disappoint. It should sound even better on the official release.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i love this joint. I know ex he from the hoodl... everybody knows ex. That Whirlwind Joint is tuff.

What Nas song has this sample? I wasnt crazy about this album. Lyrically Nas was not going hard on this record. Very dissapointed.

I heard a slowed down version of the vocals on the livestream....wouldn't put a name to it yet b/c this Kanye series has changed so late but it's around 1:05:00 on the archived livestream if that helps

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this thing was presented so disjointed.. it got people confused.. they expected a type of nas.. we got nas on some crazy beats.. lyrically hes there, flow is not as sharp but its def tight on lots of tracks.. i feel alot of people's opinions will change when it drops in full.. on repeat listens im starting to see how this all fits together...plus we got 2 more songs!