Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
I think the flip side of that is that many Nas stans go overboard stanning every thing he does, rewriting history, and being weird. There's this never ending inferiority complex at play where the most minor of criticisms get attacked. Even when Nas is getting support or doing well, like right now, there are fans scouring the internet for any negative tweet or review or whatever instead of just enjoying the music.

Even with this being the last Hit Boy album...a month ago people were saying they could make 100 KD albums and 100 Magic albums and it would be amazing, why change anything, etc etc. Now we learn this is the final album and people are like well yes now is the time for them to stop working, it all makes sense, I knew this day would come lmao.
45WW0wy.jpg

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they never learn...
Threads disintegrates into something else before a week passes..
Trolls come in and derail the discussion with redundant arguments tht have been had in other threads
:snoop:
it’s like they are slow bc they fall for the same trick every album release. i don’t get it. Fans go on for days arguing with these weirdos. Ignore them and keep it pushing. How hard could that be?

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Hot Boy looks ridiculous. People are gonna be clowning these bellbottoms flared jeans in a few years.
I don't know how this became popular. :mjlol:
That shyt fly man stop it. All fashion gets clowned.
Everybody swag gets mentioned.

All that hating you gotta learn to let it go not let it flow shorty.

Also Hit said breh 😂

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
These Nas album threads are always funny to me.

I for the life of me will never understand why people entertain things they don't care about. For example there is a Cam'ron thread stickied about an album. I have zero posts in there because in 2023 I don't care about cam music. I wouldn't go in there and say "cam needs to get back xyz". I would let those fans enjoy the convo

.....on the other hand....

a lot of Nas fans (I'm a huge fan) are too sensitive over this shyt. I've LOVED the Nas And Hit run. I made a thread ranking the albums https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rank-the-nas-and-hit-boy-albums.988143/

but if other people think the music isn't good or they don't like it, they have the right to voice that opinion. It's a discussion board. I'm not talking about the haters and trolls that pop up in every thread comparing Nas numbers to Drake or some silly shyt. But fans who don't feel his new shyt.

It can be a balance. My 2 cents on it. Anyway I'm excited as hell. I would be excited if any of my favorite artist gave me this much quality music over this time frame. It's insane.
When I said the kanye album was disjointed and not good from the online listening session you would have thought I shyt on Jesus,took people some time tobe honest. Then with Magic 2 being so so. How can Nas fans not be honest with each other? Some dudes are literal fanatics. I'm listening to the music objectively.

It's people in here who are stans who couldn't distinguish Nas from Droog in that era when people thought that was his alias. Who are the real listeners? I'm not here to say everything he does is dope.. this run was legendary but magic 2 was the first hiccup in the run. I hope 3 is a knockout.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hope y’all start a new thread bc this is a celebration for Nas turning 50 and Hitboy & Nas releasing their last album for a long while. A 6 album victory lap of GOODNESS! MAGIC 3/Happy 50th Birthday Nasir Jones! BLESSINGS on TOP of BLESSINGS!

Didn't think about it until I read your post, but Nas dropped an album for every year he went without dropping an album. Wow.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
When I said the kanye album was disjointed and not good from the online listening session you would have thought I shyt on Jesus,took people some time tobe honest. Then with Magic 2 being so so. How can Nas fans not be honest with each other? Some dudes are literal fanatics. I'm listening to the music objectively.

It's people in here who are stans who couldn't distinguish Nas from Droog in that era when people thought that was his alias. Who are the real listeners? I'm not here to say everything he does is dope.. this run was legendary but magic 2 was the first hiccup in the run. I hope 3 is a knockout.

I hear you. Trolls, haters, or stans (just unabashed dikksuckers) are all weird to me and I try not to engage with then.

It's all subjective because it's art. I love what Nas and Hit are doing...if others don't that's cool too. They're not "wrong"...it's music not math. Like some people love the I Am album by Nas..I really dislike that album. No biggie.

It's odd because some Nas defenders are more passionate about this shyt than Nas. Like Nas would tell these nikkas to relax and smoke something. It ain't that serious.