Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
out of all the projects they did, KD2 just HIT different for me. I would say that's the one album that can compete with any of Nas's discography. Maybe cuz i was in Miami when that album dropped and i got my family to stay in a nice condo that i felt accomplished, but during that time it had been a minute since an album made me feel like "yeah, this the one" and have that impact on me like certain albums that follow you throughout your lifetime :wow:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
out of all the projects they did, KD2 just HIT different for me. I would say that's the one album that can compete with any of Nas's discography. Maybe cuz i was in Miami when that album dropped and i got my family to stay in a nice condo that i felt accomplished, but during that time it had been a minute since an album made me feel like "yeah, this the one" and have that impact on me like certain albums that follow you throughout your lifetime :wow:

I love KD2 and it’s aged real well imo

Perfect summertime reel album also

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is usually how albums become personal classics in many ways, your life around it at the time when listening to it as you said can play a huge factor overall in how the album resonates with you. I have had this with several albums, life going great at the time and tha tin rotation so it hits different.
I can't wait to hear this one drop today, hopefully he goes out with a bang (My fave personally was Magic out of the projects but KD2 and 3 were cool, loved quite a few songs on those albums).

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I was in NYC when it dropped, on the 1 train listening to Store Run like :demonic:

Moments :ahh:

Nobody :ohlawd:

All time 5 mic classic

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
KD2 to me was also the best one front to back, it had the strongest 3-4 songs of the series imo also

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County

Dope! Love KD2 but it's KD3 for me. :wow:

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Agree.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
i hope y’all start a new thread bc this is a celebration for Nas turning 50 and Hitboy & Nas releasing their last album for a long while. A 6 album victory lap of GOODNESS! MAGIC 3/Happy 50th Birthday Nasir Jones! BLESSINGS on TOP of BLESSINGS!
Actually it’s time we address the elephant in the room.
Is Frayser Boy actually a greater artist than Nas?
Only one has an Oscar just saying.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Hopefully we got an actual LP and not a covert EP that Magic 2 wa7s. That ish was barely 30 minutes...

Magic 2 was around the same length as Magic 1 was. I don't know if Magic 3 is going to be longer than both of them, but I don't expect it to have the same length as the KD series.

I feel like KD3 was already a finale in some ways, so I'm wondering how Magic 3 is going to wrap everything up in a half hour.