Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
This is overkill now in the best way. Undeniable GOAT.

I used to be a Jay Stan too. But this dude Nas is on another level. :wow:

Nas been out rapping Jay for over a decade. Anybody tryna say Jay is ahead of Nas on the pantheon is not acknowledging that fact.

I liken it to the fourth quarter of Super Bowl 49 when Tom Brady eviscerated the Legion of Boom Seattle Seahawks' defense and orchestrated the (at the time) largest fourth quarter come back in Super Bowl history to win his fourth title. When he did that, he became the undisputed GOAT. It was over save for a few stragglers out there who were trying to claim Peyton was better. Nas has done the same.

If they don't say he the GOAT, that's just silly behavior. :wow:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
21 Savage is on the album too
I don't really bother with that song.

I strongly feel songs such as Spicy, Till My Last Breath, **One Mic, One Gun were influenced mainly by Hit if it were strictly up to Nas he wouldn't have touched those records.

**Yes I know of the back story to One Mic, One Gun the reason why that song came about.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_oks56ttCOg1v47x3jo1_400.gif

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Easily. Outside of Nas albums, I can’t find many rap albums better than Magic 2 the last 3 years. Killer Mikes album is great.
Mick Jenkins new album is album of the year. Period. Nas and Mick both came hard. But the biggest difference is in the production. Them wack ass magic beats simply don't compare. Anybody who thinks any beat on magic is better than these is out of their damn mind.

Mick got that album of the year wrapped up EASY. When I say I wanna hear Nas over great production THIS is the type of shyt I'm talking about. I don't care if it's madlib, alchemist, or some complete no name. But this type of quality is what I'm talking about.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mick Jenkins new album is album of the year. Period. Nas and Mick both came hard. But the biggest difference is in the production. Them wack ass magic beats simply don't compare. Anybody who thinks any beat on magic is better than these is out of their damn mind.

Mick got that album of the year wrapped up EASY. When I say I wanna hear Nas over great production THIS is the type of shyt I'm talking about. I don't care if it's madlib, alchemist, or some complete no name. But this type of quality is what I'm talking about.

I don’t find anything mind blowing about these beats, but I’m glad you enjoy them though. For now I’m going to focus on Magic 3.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I strongly feel songs such as Spicy, Till My Last Breath, **One Mic, One Gun were influenced mainly by Hit if it were strictly up to Nas he wouldn't have touched those records.

**Yes I know of the back story to One Mic, One Gun the reason why that song came about.
Spicy in particular rang off. It’s actually one of the most popular songs in the run. 1 of the 2 songs that’s charred off of KD1, along with replace me. That’s the reason a younger person like hit needs to be in the studio. You said Nas would have left that record off and that would have been a mistake.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

I also Avoid YKTV and Till the War is won.