Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
real talk tho...how tf does Westside Gunn have a better ear for beats than a GOAT like Nas :martin:
You doing too much. What are we supposed to go back in time to pretend that Nas ear is trash again after 5 albums that say otherwise? Put it to rest already. :laff:

This myth been obliterated. Guns collaborators have very obvious limitations. From Daringer to Conductor. They don't have the versatility to make any of the magics. And nowhere near KD type shyt.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is better than every single beat on magic 2...tell me Nas would've have murdered this...

MFers like Boldy James shouldn't be getting laced with Alc fire instead of Nas

No? I like the beat but that's not a Nas beat. A lot of the Griselda shyt have slow drums that don't play to Nas' strengths as a rapper. The non-Alchemist ones also have next to no swing to them. Go listen to a random Daringer or Conductor beat and then listen to an actual 90s rap beat. The lack of swing and energy in the drums are almost always apparent.

Only Griselda beat that comes to mind that Nas would kill is this one based on the drums

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes! Finally we get to hear Nas on some different shyt! :blessed:

Thanks for your contribution hit :ufdup:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

bad-boys-got-real.gif

I'm still bumping "KD III" and "Magic 2". Damn Esco putting in serious work this late in his career. This is 3 LP's in 11 Months. Damn. He really completed two separate Trilogies with Hit-Boy. That's Wild. Well he's going up against Puffy on the Friday. I guess "The Finale" means this is the last collaboration project. 6 Albums, Two Trilogies. Amazing runs, can't wait to hear it.

F5109Q8WYAA_I_k

Last edited: