Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wait Magic 3 only has 3 reviews I. Metacritic ?? :comeon: The Nas hate is real :mjlol:

Yep this will be the 4th. You need at least 4 reviews on Metacritic to qualify for an official rating. Its crazy because Allmusic, Consquence, Wire, Music OMH, NME, and The Independent, all publications that reviewed his previous 5 albums, didn’t review Magic 3, which is fukking insane.

I asked Rapreviews last month why they hadn’t reviewed Magic 3 and the eventual writer Grant Jones said he was working on it but fell behind because it was “cooking a little longer than usual”. Reading his review it makes sense why it took longer because he actually out some real time, effort and THOUGHT into what he wrote.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Wait Magic 3 only has 3 reviews I. Metacritic ?? :comeon: The Nas hate is real :mjlol:
Magic series definitely seems to get the Lost Tapes treatment in my opinion. 1 was compete surprise, came out during christmas, magic 2 seems like we skated though that release and then 3 was right there, publications act like Nas don’t exist after reviewing the last 5 albums. :skip:

Funny shyt, but what’s most important is the music is here and hopefully he gets recognized for KDIII, those seemed to have just a little more effort put in commercially.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Magic series definitely seems to get the Lost Tapes treatment in my opinion. 1 was compete surprise, came out during christmas, magic 2 seems like we skated though that release and then 3 was right there, publications act like Nas don’t exist after reviewing the last 5 albums. :skip:

Funny shyt, but what’s most important is the music is here and hopefully he gets recognized for KDIII, those seemed to have just a little more effort put in commercially.

KD3 felt like the finale to the Nas/Hit-Boy era. Magic 2 was more of a victory lap, and Magic 3 was like the finale after the finale.

If I could put it this way, KD3 was graduation and Magic 3 was the last day of school.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Didnt see a lot of Magic 3 on year end list :francis:

Saw it on a few hip hop publication lists (Vibe, Revolt, B-Dot) and Magic 2 in Complex’s top albums but I honestly wasn’t expecting them to cause it felt like they were slept on especially compared to the KD series and Magic 1. Wish he had done more to promote them but he just felt like rolling them out and I think there was some audience fatigue. Shame too cause both were good

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Saw it on a few hip hop publication lists (Vibe, Revolt, B-Dot) and Magic 2 in Complex’s top albums but I honestly wasn’t expecting them to cause it felt like they were slept on especially compared to the KD series and Magic 1. Wish he had done more to promote them but he just felt like rolling them out and I think there was some audience fatigue. Shame too cause both were good
I’ll never understand that especially in today’s climate. It’s not like back then when you actually had to buy an album. Too much of something and we as humans take it for granted.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just got an email, My M3 CD is being shipped today.

:banderas:

Me too!

Didnt see a lot of Magic 3 on year end list :francis:

Seems like publications have been split on Magic 2 & 3