Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
KD3
Magic3
KD2
Magic
KD1
Magic 2 (reluctantly) this album has no misses

There is not one album miss in this run. Put all the albums on 1 big playlist and let it roll.

It's insane that there's no song from these albums that should have never been made or brings down the quality of the album it belongs to. Nothing that gets under people's skin like "Jarreau of Rap" or "Summer on Smash" did.

I know people have their choices ("Spicy," "YKTV," "Brunch on Sundays"), but nothing that's universally hated.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's insane that there's no song from these albums that should have never been made or brings down the quality of the album it belongs to. Nothing that gets under people's skin like "Jarreau of Rap" or "Summer on Smash" did.

I know people have their choices ("Spicy," "YKTV," "Brunch on Sundays"), but nothing that's universally hated.
All facts. They haven’t produced any down right bad songs.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for that, I remember having this song when KD1 dropped, I listened once and I haven’t heard it again until now, I haven’t been able to find it for a minute, they scrubbed that shyt from almost everywhere.

That would bring my list to 84, anyone aware of the other 3 loosies?

EPMD pt 1
Big Nas
Life is like a Dice game
Conflicted
The Tide

idk if y’all are counting City on lock and This aint love but I love it or not. All those would make 87 for me.
Yeah I have those 5 plus City on Lock and that Birthday Cake joint he did on the Playlist for completion's sake.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just saw Westside Gunn did 20k..
That's more than Magic 2 and 3 first week. Never thought I'd see the day where he would be doing better numbers than Nas Smh

Westside went on a marketing campaign including interviews, freestyles on Sway, and I think he’s selling bundles too (let me know if i’m mistaken on the last part)

Nas literally announced Magic 2 within a week on IG with some cryptic posts. Put up the artwork and tracklisting 48 hours before release, and then let it do what it do. He didn’t do not ONE interview for either album and didn’t have videos for Magic 2 ready until a few weeks afterward. And he had NO bundles.

He put Magic 3 out on a Thursday three hours before streams began counting for the next week. Again no bundles and no videos.

Nas don’t a give a damn about sales in 2023. Or rather I think its safe to say he doesn’t give a damn about streams because if he did he could easily play the game the way he did for KD1-KD3, which all did more than 20K first week

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westside went on a marketing campaign including interviews, freestyles on Sway, and I think he’s selling bundles too (let me know if i’m mistaken on the last part)

Nas literally announced Magic 2 within a week on IG with some cryptic posts. Put up the artwork and tracklisting 48 hours before release, and then let it do what it do. He didn’t do not ONE interview for either album and didn’t have videos for Magic 2 ready until a few weeks afterward. And he had NO bundles.

He put Magic 3 out on a Thursday three hours before streams began counting for the next week. Again no bundles and no videos.

Nas don’t a give a damn about sales in 2023. Or rather I think its safe to say he doesn’t give a damn about streams because if he did he could easily play the game the way he did for KD1-KD3, which all did more than 20K first week
Even still he should still be selling more than Westside off the strength

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even still he should still be selling more than Westside off the strength
I think the only way for Nas to do better sales wise these days if he wants to is have 3-4 high streaming features and have to the album ready with bundles. All the other albums typically have 5+ features which have other fan bases join in on the streaming side. Nas fans can’t hold up on streaming side of things. I think Nas cares about sales, but I definitely thinks he puts the art before sales.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I just saw Westside Gunn did 20k..
That's more than Magic 2 and 3 first week. Never thought I'd see the day where he would be doing better numbers than Nas Smh

Gunn and Griselda do have fans and we know if Nas actually promotes or notifies people about an album it does better (KD series)

The way he rolled out Magic 2 and 3 in general I didn’t like how he did it but it’s his decision. I thought he do better than Diddy too (though I’m sure Puff moved some units personally cause he had no top 50 projection and then due 30k lol)

On the flip side Gunn’s released so many projects it’s about time one actually moved units which for all these projects the Griselda guys drop it doesn’t happen often but this was a testament to building a base

Dude even did better than Wayne’s tape so props to him

Last edited:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
All facts. They haven’t produced any down right bad songs

That's one of the things that impressed me the most about that run. 80 songs and no bad track. That and the fact that not only the 6 albums are completely different sonically from one each other but even inside each album each track had their own vibe (more true for the kd series than the magic one tho).
Hit boy is completely unpredictable so if you listen to the entire run it's impossible to guess that one producer did it all if you don't have the credits. Imagine an mc doing 6 album in a row with any other producer it would have came repetitive by the third drop

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why even respond champ? 😆