Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea fam KD2 is great music. That’s one thing about Nas and Hit. None of the songs or albums they have made have any down right bad songs.
I honestly feel like Nas could have dropped any of these joints without dropping the other 5 and retired and folks would be saying he went out on a high note.

Seriously, these albums are that good. And folks is nitpicking the fukk outta these albums I feel only because they gave us so much fukking material to choose from.

The only thing I don't like about this run is I'm struggling to make a condensed play list because there is so much dope shyt I don't want to cut. I'm just running the whole albums everytime

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Yea fam KD2 is great music. That’s one thing about Nas and Hit. None of the songs or albums they have made have any down right bad songs.

In the ranking thread I put Magic 3 over KD2. Went back to KD2 and nah I don’t think I can put Magic 3 over it. I think Nas is rapping technically better on Magic 3 but as a body of work KD2 crazy

That’s not to say Magic 3 isn’t great too, I just forgot KD2 is ridiculously good.

Budda

Superstar
Daps

In the ranking thread I put Magic 3 over KD2. Went back to KD2 and nah I don’t think I can put Magic 3 over it. I think Nas is rapping technically better on Magic 3 but as a body of work KD2 crazy
That’s not to say Magic 3 isn’t great too, I just forgot KD2 is ridiculously good.

The rapping is better on KD2 than Magic 3, he’s using more literary devices, more lyrics with double meanings, metaphors, and etc maybe less multis but that’s not all rapping good is about.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps

The rapping is better on KD2 than Magic 3, he’s using more literary devices, more lyrics with double meanings, metaphors, and etc maybe less multis but that’s not all rapping good is about.

Yeh that’s true. I think for me it’s just since Magic 1 Nas just being rapping at increased pace/ intensity. I find there’s noticeable difference in KD1 and KD2. And just prefer Nas when he gets into that style. But yeh Nas was still spitting on KD2 for sure

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
The people fronting on this masterpiece would be losing their shyt if the production credits was this
1. Fever produced by Kanye West
2. TSK produced by Rza
3. Superhero Status produced by Rza
4. I Love This Feeling produced by Madlib
5. No Tears produced by Kanye West
6. Never Die produced by Kanye West
7. Pretty Young Girl produced by Dj Premier
8. Based On True Events produced by No ID
9. Based On True Events, Pt. 2 produced by No ID
10. Sitting With My Thoughts produced by Just Blaze
11. Blue Bentley produced by 40
12. Jodeci Member produced by 9th Wonder
13. Speechless produced by Salaam Remi
14. Japanese Soul Bar produced by Alchemist
15. 1-800- Nas & Dilla produced by J Dilla

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
The people fronting on this masterpiece would be losing their shyt if the production credits was this
2. TSK produced by Rza

I know it's not possible but sometimes I wished albums would release with zero credits for a month and no one would know who produced what. I guarantee you would see how biased and hypocritical a lot of people are when it comes to music opinions

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Yeh that’s true. I think for me it’s just since Magic 1 Nas just being rapping at increased pace/ intensity. I find there’s noticeable difference in KD1 and KD2. And just prefer Nas when he gets into that style. But yeh Nas was still spitting on KD2 for sure

The songwriting on KD1 and KD2 is great, but Nas has sounded noticeably better with each album with Hit imo. I know people aren’t as big on M2 as the other albums but his flow is super sharp and energetic on there even on the unconventional beats (his flow is silk on Bokeem Woodbine). Though I wonder how much that has to do with Hit picking up the overall tempo.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I know it's not possible but sometimes I wished albums would release with zero credits for a month and no one would know who produced what. I guarantee you would see how biased and hypocritical a lot of people are when it comes to music opinions

This would be a dope idea...

Especially for Nas

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2. TSK produced by Rza
You are 100% correct.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2. TSK produced by Rza
Man spam this on Twitter lol
People need to see this

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Impression Im getting with this album is older more hip hop heads like it and the younger heads dont feel it as much? (or at least those that gravitate to young/diverse music like idk fantano) At least from what Im seeing out there

Kinda surprised