Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I used to think his pen was on the decline but nah, it’s just that on his older albums he used to body every song intentionally… he doesn’t do that anymore aside from KD3.

I kinda miss that from him, always being technically advanced on just about every song. He hasn’t lost it at all tho. I Love This Feeling, Jodeci Member, Based On A True Story, Speechless Pt. 2 still displays his elite skills on a technical perspective.

I think he intentionally dials it back. He’s been cited many times as being one to overthink his songs
Imma say it like this. Nas isn’t selling much cause he’s on a fukking independent label and barely promotes his shyt. He also doesn’t tap the highest selling artists for features. There’s a game when it comes to this streaming shyt. He doesn’t play it. Another thing is this. The nikka pen didn’t fall off. Son just wrote 6 albums in 3 years. In between touring and business dealings, podcasts, etc etc. Son is busy as fukk. And still gettin busy on the mic.
83 tracks. That’s probably like 180 verses. If we pulled the best lines and put them into 1 album, it’d be The illest album ever. He didn’t fall off. They say you take your whole life making your first album. Nas made these songs in weeks. He’s sharper than ever.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
God dam thank you Nas and Hit..thank you so much. I don't even know how to verbalise my thoughts about what they did with this run...i can't even think of like a sporting analogy or whatever to put this run in perspective... I'm just in awe and fukkin emotional tbh.. He says on 1800 nas n hit he finally kills that kings disease.. Everything rounded off like it was planned.. What the fukk..

This shyt was a whirlwind of joy, a sudden storm of unexpected happiness from a man who was written off 20 years ago. 50 years old in hip hops 50th..God's son indeed..

As much as I loved it all now in a few years time il look back and wonder how I would have even got through life without this run

Excuse the fractured thoughts but as I said.. I don't know what just happened. We all gonna be unpacking this run for yeaarrrrs. Blessed

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Nas fans just know and see through the shyt. We recognize the real deal and Nas shines and proves what we always knew about him. This run validated everything we already knew. Nas is the goat. He doesn’t talk all about money or try to act young. He’s the epitome of real. He always talks about integrity. Nas is a real artist. I already know I’ll keep coming back to the songs in this run for the rest of my life.
:salute:

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
Playing KD2 right now and :wow: . This album run is ridiculous. My Bible:wow:

That's what I'm sayin man..havent listened to KD2 in a bit because of all the other albums... But store run through moments and nobody to no phony love literally moved me in a way I didn't even think would happen again

I mean ms hill and nas.. Relistening now.. God damn man

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm sayin man..havent listened to KD2 in a bit because of all the other albums... But store run through moments and nobody to no phony love literally moved me in a way I didn't even think would happen again

I mean ms hill and nas.. Relistening now.. God damn man
Yea fam KD2 is great music. That’s one thing about Nas and Hit. None of the songs or albums they have made have any down right bad songs.