Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas and the albums sound nothing alike. The people you see that are saying that are haters and they are being dishonest on top of that. Nas will never be any of those people you named. :mjlol:

I don’t think they sound alike either but he’s getting less listens the more he turns around and releases stuff quicker.

Again I don’t want him to be like these older rappers and just release multiple albums within a year. Give ppl time to sit with these joints

KD 3 came out less than a year ago and feels like a longer time

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think they sound alike either but he’s getting less listens the more he turns around and releases stuff quicker.

Again I don’t want him to be like these older rappers and just release multiple albums within a year. Give ppl time to sit with these joints

Understandable but do you know how much longer he plans to rap?

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz

doesn't matter he's a legacy act long as he's in a zone why stop? the shyt is quality people will catch up sooner or later

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Magic 2 is getting piled on in these threads cuz of the experimental modern sounds and flows

If the whole album sounded like the last 3 songs, the disdain wouldn’t be what it is

"BuT it ALL SouNDs the SaMe!" :troll:

I'll admit to Magic 2 being my least favorite of the six albums, but I can't say they've done songs like "Black Magic" and "Bokeem Woodbine" before.

Also, "One Mic, One Gun" grew on me after a long time of not liking it that much. I could see Nas going crazy for that song in the studio and insisting it finds a place on the album like he did with "Spicy."

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
1,000%. I’m going to keep saying that. Nas on modern beats and modern flows just refuses to be accepted by some of the base. :martin:.I can almost guarantee you the songs they don’t like on Magic 2 are abracadabra, black magic, earving Magic Johnson, and the21 song haha.
Thats all it is, plain & simple lol
To me with M2. I feel Nas and Hit threw M2 out there like "Here, y'all listen to this real quick we got something else coming up real soon!"

(I've said this before in the thread)
I don't mean this in a negative way but M3 doesn't even sound like a Magic album it sounds more like "King's Disease 4"
none of the Magic albums sound alike

I think people took it the wrong way when I said the first Magic was a super powered mixtape… It was wisely marketed to fans as recapturing the “old Nas” style. It was HD boom bap

If y’all ain’t notice yet by now all the KDs & the Magics are differentiated through the content in the albums. There aren’t really many centralized themes or concepts on the Magic albums like that lol

If anything, like bro @Nostalgic said, Magic 3 is the closest to a Kings Disease album from the Magic series…

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Understandable but do you know how much longer he plans to rap?

No one knows for sure but does anyone really walk away? When they do it’s because the audience dwindles. He said he sees himself rapping till he’s 80 but you can pace yourself.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
doesn't matter he's a legacy act long as he's in a zone why stop? the shyt is quality people will catch up sooner or later

Every legacy act has their prime but then a lot have that later career run and those that release a lot later get slept on (E40, Snoop)

I’m not even saying don’t drop every year. I just don’t think he needs to throw out 3 albums a year

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man you ain’t lying!blue Bentley. And think about if Thun and Reminice were dropped in his commercial prime :whew:
If Thun was released in 99 it would be a staple in his concert set list and be regarded as a Nas classic.. His prime was great but the more I think about it Nas needed a Hit-Boy during the Kelis years.. Streets Disciple thru Untitled era.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every legacy act has their prime but then a lot have that later career run and those that release a lot later get slept on (E40, Snoop)

I’m not even saying don’t drop every year. I just don’t think he needs to throw out 3 albums a year
I don’t think that will be a norm for the rest of his career.