Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
Agree with top 4
If it was selection of the best of 5 tracks of each project i wld have KD1 as my number 1
But KD2/Magic/KD3 & Magic 3 are better quality albums than KD1 overall.

To put in perspective LIG and GS are better albums than I am.. But I Am has the better best of 5

Very solid reasoning and comparison, and I agree with the bolded.

Im curious though, what top 5 are you pulling from KD1 to compete with the other albums?

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop comparing stuff man, lol, thats where yall be messin up. Oprah said comparing is the fastest route to disappointment...stop comparing this and that Nas album to "Illmatic" and the Nas today to Nas in "94" and whatever else...just appreciate what you have now and what you had then and try to give both a fair shot for what they are/were.

Blue Bentley is nothing like Blue Benz...the names are similar but they're totally on 2 different planets in every other way, why compare? Blue Bentley sounds like the typical joint on Nas albums where he tries for a"Hit" or a radio joint, "Summer on Smash, Braveheart Party, countless others"...it's just this time he hit the shot all net, he connected, this shyt is absolute fire.
Well said

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
fukk it. Honestly I like Magic 2 better than 3. Black Magic, What This All Really Means, Earvin Magic Johnson and Pistols On Your Album Cover are better than anything on Magic 3 in my opinionc of course. I Love This Feeling and Speechless 2 are probably the only joints that really grab me. Magic 3 is to soulful and boom bapish in spots, I like Nas on harder or flyer shyt. I know y’al gonna kill me lol, but just shows you how different everyone’s tastes are. Nas is the GOAT (although BIG would be if he lived longer)
Nas dropped something for everybody

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t need to save “face” on anything i’ve kept the same energy on all Nas albums since day 1 my opinions rarely change because unlike some of you, I NEVER go into a Nas album with preconceived notions of what it will or “should” sound like so i’m not setting myself up for disappointment. I’ve also gone on record several times that experimental Nas is my favorite Nas and that I nowadays prefer Nas over modern production because he’s already mastered the Boom Bap sound. Magic 1 is a throwback to the Boom Bap sound with some updated sonics but Magic 2 is an almost complete departure from that, Magic 2 sounds like Hit and Nas drew inspiration from the scores of the old Houdini movies and silent films of the 20’s and I dig that kind of creativity immensely. I also like all the magic and occult references because Nas really decided to go in on the THEME of the title. These are creative chances that other artists aren’t taking and I appreciate that both lyrically and sonically.
Yo fam your writing skills are next level :salute:

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Yo the Reddit guy saying more on the way. That’s why I always felt that AHH article about Nas working with other producers had some truth to it

This his reply to the claim Nas team stopped him leaking stuff:

Lol 😂 this is not what happened.

With Magic 2, I decided that leaking everything spoiled a lot of the fun. That’s why I didn’t post the tracklist for Magic 2.

This time, I teames up and adviced the team on marketing and decided to not leak anything before official comms.

I can say that Magic 3 was not originally planned to launch so soon after 2, and that you’ll find out why release has been brought forward soon.”

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yo the Reddit guy saying more on the way. That’s why I always felt that AHH article about Nas working with other producers had some truth to it

With Magic 2, I decided that leaking everything spoiled a lot of the fun. That’s why I didn’t post the tracklist for Magic 2.

This time, I teames up and adviced the team on marketing and decided to not leak anything before official comms.

I can say that Magic 3 was not originally planned to launch so soon after 2, and that you’ll find out why release has been brought forward soon.”

You beat me to it lol

Also the plug chick hinted more is coming too.

Nas done went insane. No way this man is human if he releases ANOTHER album in 2023.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hit definitely went a bit too heavy on the soulful intros for M3, to the point it sounds a little repetitive imo, but as a whole M3 is much better than M2 and even Nas and Hit know it.

To be honest though, it's a little unfortunate M2 didn't get enough time to sit and age like the other albums in both series did. Songs that I hated on first few listens were just starting to grow on me and then boom... here comes M3 to make you forget about it.

They dropped it that quick for a reason…

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:feedme:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD3 5 (classic)
Magic 5 (classic)
KD2 4.75 (personal classic)
Magic 2 4.75 (personal classic)
Magic 3 4.75 (we’ll see)
KD1 4.25 (solid)
My exact joint honestly. I might already have magic 3 as a classic personally. But this is spot on. Have Nas and Hit Boy produced any flat out bad songs through this run of albums? Truth be told if you told me to run every album they put out straight through, I would have no issues playing any of them straight through no skips.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
This been some journey. Need to go back and read some of the KD1 thread again. Can’t front I was hype but was also unsure where Nas was gonna go. I didn’t agree with it but media and lot of online chatter was Nas was finished after Nasir. Plus the Kelis shyt. the weak production narrative being said by everyone. Nas was even getting shyt about being anti vax.

Now 3 years later Nas only gone and done a 2nd comeback just like in 2001. And this one fukkin crazy. 6 albums in 3 years.

Highlight of the run for me outside of the actual music was the Magic announcement. the Album title/ the album cover/ being holiday season. Had me crazy hyped then drop night. Speechless first song. Caught the hip hop Holy Ghost right there