Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Ziggiy let me know if you in the Stationhead today. I’m out so I can’t listen. The plug on twitter spaces said the album is doing well on first day but they just gonna enjoy the music. I’m assuming that’s in relation to iTunes chart

I was in there but they’re playing the album not really talking right now. I made a comment about the YouTube video and it seeming like the Documentary can’t be too far behind and she replied 👀

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Random q. How does Hit Boy get paid in this arrangement or with any of these collabs with one producer these days. It’s not like back in the day when it’s a ‘group’ technically. This is a Nas release only.

Is it set fee to do a whole album or depends on how many songs make a final release?

Hit Boy is listed as an Executive Producer on all the albums. Nas owns the Masters through Mass Appeal so i’m sure Hit Boy also has a nice piece of ownership as well i’d imagine.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My man a dope poster but this is asinine

Nah its MY opinion. Most of ya’ll spent the last two months extolling the virtues of your OPINIONS with such classics as “Alchemist can make a better Nas album in his sleep” and “Large Pro in 2023>>>>> Hit Boy” and who can forget the “Hit Boy is a D list producer at best” proclamations?

At the very least I stand by EVERYTHING I say. I don’t post shyt on here to get a rise or a platinum thread. I fukked with Magic 2 heavy two months ago and I fukks with it heavy today. Miss me with the other shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
that opinion is forced like a mother fukker. It’s like trying to force us to believe Nasir was genius…..

Where’s the force? Did I make a thread? Did I proclaim my opinion on the matter was gospel? My opinion hasn’t changed since the album dropped go check the Magic 2 thread

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Nah its MY opinion. Most of ya’ll spent the last two months extolling the virtues of your OPINIONS with such classics as “Alchemist can make a better Nas album in his sleep” and “Large Pro in 2023>>>>> Hit Boy” and who can forget the “Hit Boy is a D list producer at best” proclamations?

At the very least I stand by EVERYTHING I say. I don’t post shyt on here to get a rise or a platinum thread. I fukked with Magic 2 heavy two months ago and I fukks with it heavy today. Miss me with the other shyt
Well the fact the most of us don't have a consensus on what's number one it's actually a GREAT thing :whew:

But yeah at end the day music just like beauty is subjective

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
that opinion is forced like a mother fukker. It’s like trying to force us to believe Nasir was genius…..

fukk it. Honestly I like Magic 2 better than 3. Black Magic, What This All Really Means, Earvin Magic Johnson and Pistols On Your Album Cover are better than anything on Magic 3 in my opinionc of course. I Love This Feeling and Speechless 2 are probably the only joints that really grab me. Magic 3 is to soulful and boom bapish in spots, I like Nas on harder or flyer shyt. I know y’al gonna kill me lol, but just shows you how different everyone’s tastes are. Nas is the GOAT (although BIG would be if he lived longer)