Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
fukk it. Honestly I like Magic 2 better than 3. Black Magic, What This All Really Means, Earvin Magic Johnson and Pistols On Your Album Cover are better than anything on Magic 3 in my opinionc of course. I Love This Feeling and Speechless 2 are probably the only joints that really grab me. Magic 3 is to soulful and boom bapish in spots, I like Nas on harder or flyer shyt. I know y’al gonna kill me lol, but just shows you how different everyone’s tastes are. Nas is the GOAT (although BIG would be if he lived longer)
I feel u, I like Nas on more soulful Shyt and traditional Shyt .though some of the more trapping he killed it Soo it's a matter of taste at this point

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where’s the force? Did I make a thread? Did I proclaim my opinion on the matter was gospel? My opinion hasn’t changed since the album dropped go check the Magic 2 thread

im not here to argue or derail this. I just know a lot of you dudes will save face to say anything he does is top notch. I was the first to call magic 2 ain’t it compared to the rest of the series. Ya tried hard to say dudes was bugging. The majority speaks volumes. some of ya even said it was getting more praise than 1…. Forced. I don’t look at “names” cuz I don’t care too much in my responses. I said what I said like you said what you said…. Let’s move on and enjoy magic 3 that we know is better than the whole series “arguably”

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I said I KNOW this nikka…
Then I showed ol’ girl…
Do you KNOW this nikka?!?

Maaan it be the simplest of things that can have you running a track back. That shyt so perfect combined with the beat lol you out that on another beat and it doesn’t hit the same

Yeah that shyt is fire. I can't even explain why but I love that part.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
im not here to argue or derail this. I just know a lot of you dudes will save face to say anything he does is top notch. I was the first to call magic 2 ain’t it compared to the rest of the series. Ya tried hard to say dudes was bugging. The majority speaks volumes. some of ya even said it was getting more praise than 1…. Forced. I don’t look at “names” cuz I don’t care too much in my responses. I said what I said like you said what you said…. Let’s move on and enjoy magic 3 that we know is better than the whole series “arguably”

I don’t need to save “face” on anything i’ve kept the same energy on all Nas albums since day 1 my opinions rarely change because unlike some of you, I NEVER go into a Nas album with preconceived notions of what it will or “should” sound like so i’m not setting myself up for disappointment. I’ve also gone on record several times that experimental Nas is my favorite Nas and that I nowadays prefer Nas over modern production because he’s already mastered the Boom Bap sound. Magic 1 is a throwback to the Boom Bap sound with some updated sonics but Magic 2 is an almost complete departure from that, Magic 2 sounds like Hit and Nas drew inspiration from the scores of the old Houdini movies and silent films of the 20’s and I dig that kind of creativity immensely. I also like all the magic and occult references because Nas really decided to go in on the THEME of the title. These are creative chances that other artists aren’t taking and I appreciate that both lyrically and sonically.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
KD3 = Magic 3
KD2 = Magic

KD1
Magic 2

Magic
KD3
Magic 3
KD2

KD1
Magic 2

Really theres not much difference in quality between the top 4 tho.
Agree with top 4
If it was selection of the best of 5 tracks of each project i wld have KD1 as my number 1
But KD2/Magic/KD3 & Magic 3 are better quality albums than KD1 overall.

To put in perspective LIG and GS are better albums than I am.. But I Am has the better best of 5

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
fukk it. Honestly I like Magic 2 better than 3. Black Magic, What This All Really Means, Earvin Magic Johnson and Pistols On Your Album Cover are better than anything on Magic 3 in my opinionc of course. I Love This Feeling and Speechless 2 are probably the only joints that really grab me. Magic 3 is to soulful and boom bapish in spots, I like Nas on harder or flyer shyt. I know y’al gonna kill me lol, but just shows you how different everyone’s tastes are. Nas is the GOAT (although BIG would be if he lived longer)

Hit definitely went a bit too heavy on the soulful intros for M3, to the point it sounds a little repetitive imo, but as a whole M3 is much better than M2 and even Nas and Hit know it.

To be honest though, it's a little unfortunate M2 didn't get enough time to sit and age like the other albums in both series did. Songs that I hated on first few listens were just starting to grow on me and then boom... here comes M3 to make you forget about it.

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with top 4
If it was selection of the best of 5 tracks of each project i wld have KD1 as my number 1
But KD2/Magic/KD3 & Magic 3 are better quality albums than KD1 overall.

To put in perspective LIG and GS are better albums than I am.. But I Am has the better best of 5

The Cure is still the best track of both series IMO

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
“Some beef is everlasting…” :manny:

I have HOV ranked 11th in my top 10 out of pure pettiness.
hPNLJD8.png
:dead:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hit definitely went a bit too heavy on the soulful intros for M3, to the point it sounds a little repetitive imo, but as a whole M3 is much better than M2 and even Nas and Hit know it.

To be honest though, it's a little unfortunate M2 didn't get enough time to sit and age like the other albums in both series did. Songs that I hated on first few listens were just starting to grow on me and then boom... here comes M3 to make you forget about it.
The beauty of it is you can always go back and listen to magic 2 once the buzz of magic 3 dies down.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear I’m not mad at this. Magic 2 gets a bad rap.