Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
KD series has a more grandiose feel to it. Its Nas the artist. We get storytelling joints, big features, more conceptual lyricism, a few joints for the females, R&B hooks, etc.

Magic series is more straight to the point, its Nas the spitter. There aren’t a lot of guest appearances, no singing hooks, just meat & potatoes. There’s less risk taking with the production, the drum programming is harder and more in line with the Boom Bap sound of the mid 90’s.

Where KD is celebratory, Magic is subdued. Where KD is smooth, Magic is sharp. Where KD caters to a little bit of what every Nas fan loves, Magic doesn’t give a fukk. Where KD is the work of a Poet Laureate, Magic is the righteous orations of a street prophet. Where KD shoots for the sky, Magic digs into the gutter. They are opposite sides of the same coin. They are both reflections and refractions of one another. They tell different stories whilst being written from the same quill. They represent a duality that Nas has been attempting to convey for some time now and within the past 3 years finally found the producer to help him get it across
Thanks for the response.
Pretty sure even the biggest Nas hater in the world would acknowledge that you’re a great writer of Nas praise.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Nooooo...

I owe the world to Hit. The work ethic, the grammy. 1 top 5 Nas album. 2 top 10 Nas albums.

More importantly, erasing that Nas pick bad beats shyt
In 2020 when KD dropped. Hit-Boy also did Burden of Proof W/Benny The Butcher and the production on BOP was vastly superior to KD. Take from that what you will.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD series has a more grandiose feel to it. Its Nas the artist. We get storytelling joints, big features, more conceptual lyricism, a few joints for the females, R&B hooks, etc.

Magic series is more straight to the point, its Nas the spitter. There aren’t a lot of guest appearances, no singing hooks, just meat & potatoes. There’s less risk taking with the production, the drum programming is harder and more in line with the Boom Bap sound of the mid 90’s.

Where KD is celebratory, Magic is subdued. Where KD is smooth, Magic is sharp. Where KD caters to a little bit of what every Nas fan loves, Magic doesn’t give a fukk. Where KD is the work of a Poet Laureate, Magic is the righteous orations of a street prophet. Where KD shoots for the sky, Magic digs into the gutter. They are opposite sides of the same coin. They are both reflections and refractions of one another. They tell different stories whilst being written from the same quill. They represent a duality that Nas has been attempting to convey for some time now and within the past 3 years finally found the producer to help him get it across
I was really shocked when he went featureless on KD3 and he killed it straight through. I don’t think he gets enough credit for doing that album solo. Magic 2 kinda gave more of a modern bounce (some nas fans hate anything modern), so that is why it got mixed reviews even though the songs were fire.
Oddly enough Hit-Boy hasn't commented or liked Nas post and didn't share anything about it on his own page, he's promoting his father upcoming album tho.
he didn’t do that last time either. It’s all apart of the suspense

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
WTF, I'm late as hell. I just randomly saw this teaser. "The Finale"........What do you mean Esco? "The Finale" of what? I mean this is the 25th Anniversary of "Grand Finale"...,,,but I don't think this is a Soundtrack song or movie.......,Turning the TV Off with the OG static like it's 3 in the Morning in the 1980's........What's going on. Is this really another surprise album? This is wild if he really has another album ready to go.

:ohhh::lupe:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Nooooo...

I owe the world to Hit. The work ethic, the grammy. 1 top 5 Nas album. 2 top 10 Nas albums.

More importantly, erasing that Nas pick bad beats shyt
He made 3 top 5 Nas albums and Nas still picks bad beats when his hand isn't being held.