Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I don't know why people can't accept that hitboy's beats just feel dead. Even his best ones lose some points because the mixing is always so bad. They feel like some 9th wonder barebone throwaways from early 2000.

He came better on this one but still about half the beats are kinda dull. TSK and No Tears are perfect examples. Just incredibly boring and dull synth beats. But Nas stans will call them classics just because they're on a Nas album. Shoulda just hit up metro booming or Travis Scott if he wanted these types of beats. At least Nas finally gave Hitboy his release papers. Time to work with some real heavy hitters now.

KD series production feels more fuller for me, those albums have been on replay for a long time, since they dropped really. Magic series seems more of him just rapping on beats that aren’t focused on production as much, maybe he wants everyone to focus on that aspect more than the beats with that series.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't know why people can't accept that hitboy's beats just feel dead. Even his best ones lose some points because the mixing is always so bad. They feel like some 9th wonder barebone throwaways from early 2000.

He came better on this one but still about half the beats are kinda dull. TSK and No Tears are perfect examples. Just incredibly boring and dull synth beats. But Nas stans will call them classics just because they're on a Nas album. Shoulda just hit up metro booming or Travis Scott if he wanted these types of beats. At least Nas finally gave Hitboy his release papers. Time to work with some real heavy hitters now.

I had a friend that wasn't feeling Hit and now he's loving this series more than anyone I know lol

Nas worked with all the heavy hitters y'all talk about recently, and no one talks about them songs. Like I said it's a name thing, because the Hit/Alchemist collaboration the quality level of each beat was on par with each other, and most of the beats in the series are better than that. I don't know what to tell y'all man lol

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

We seen this with everyone he worked with since Illmatic though. Trackmasters was public enemy number one, now everyone love that album. Then it was Salaam Remi, now everyone want him to work with Salaam again. Dudes was complaining about No I.D. and Salaam on LIG. Then the other guy do a grown man rap album with No I.D. five years and it's a smart move. Whoever he work with next it's gonna be the same complaints unless it's Premier, Large Pro and Pete Rock.

I get it if someone don't like Hit. But it's obvious there's certain dudes out there whether it's Twitter or on here that already got their negative review complaining about Hit typed up before they heard one song.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is is safe to say that this run of 6 albums has created more or less the same amount of highlights/bangers/replay value songs than all his previous albums combined? Maybe.. :banderas:

Either way, this man has created CLASSICS while pushing 50. There isn’t ANYONE in rap that can say that!

Came in anointed, leaving crowned :ohlawd:

Actually, I don’t think he’s leaving quite yet although this album has that feel. Can’t wait to see what he does next. We have LOTS of material to get through the time though.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man my old washed ass got home last night at like 7:50 pm, ready!!! Took a shower, got on the couch with a bag of Doritos and some cold ass Snapples…next thing I remember the clock said 3:28 am and I got a blanket on me…and warm Snapples. I’m a run thru it this evening tho at the gym a couple times, I was gonna run thru it this morning but nah, I was still tired, wanna give it fresh alert ears. I’m hearing amazing things tho, online and off, 💪🏽

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
They really got a King's Magic Rubik's Cube for sale :ohhh:

NAS-RUBIKS-CUBE-1000x-png.jpg

Edit: Link for those who need.

I need this :damn:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pretty young girl too. They both use his early drum sounds and his chopping style. Maybe the best imitation of 9th’s style I’ve heard anyone do

If he did 9th would be all over twitter blowing his own horn smh

It reminded me of a chitlin circuit era LB beat. Well done Hit boy.