Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
That hollow tinny sound that a lot of people complain about, you really hear it when the drums and bassline cut out; he makes the samples sound like he ripped them from a low quality 96Kbps YouTube stream

I think this has way better highs then their last couple projects. Like 6-7 gems. Fever, I love this feeling, Never Die, Based on True Events 2, Jodeci Member, 1-800Nas. All great.

The rest range from okay to decent. Due to the same problems I've always had with hit. Poor mixing. Weak drums. Boring samples. and just boring and repetitive keyboard work in general. I'm glad they closed it out with some great tracks though. Prolly about 7 tracks I can add to the playlist. Which is way more than the last couple albums. So that's good. But happy that this is the end of the Nas/Hitboy tandem. Hopefully Nas can bless us with a final classic before he hangs it up.
today i learned hit boy engineer sucks lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Robert DeNiro being there is :leon:

From what I gather Nas, Leonardo Di’Caprio, Martin Scorsese and Robert Deniro are all big fans of one another. Nas was at the premier of Deniro’s film The Irishman. The first rap song ever used in a Scorsese film was Thief’s Theme in The Departed and Leo has called Nas the greatest rapper of all time and personally asked him to score the soundtrack for the film Blood Diamond

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
first half of this shyt was rocky as hell …was actually skipping tracks which i haven’t had to do this whole series but after that based on true events 2 this shyt just sails right on home with bangers :ehh:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
My nikka giving us Blaze a 50 level storytelling joints in fukking 2023! I dare one of clown nikkaz argue/debate the GOAT. fukk ya hits/sales let's go song for song bar for bar pull those catalogs up
Damn! I can't peep til tomorrow! It's like that tho?