Nas - "Life Is Good" First Week Sales Thread **Ends 7/16/12**

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Nothing in this world worst then nas fanatics(except 2pac fanatics). If this was anybody else it would be a fukking flop.

Gotta call bullshyt...not a single solitary actual peer of nas (with the single exception of jay-z) would be considered a flop for doing 140k in this day and age...dude is a fukking early 90s rap legend and it's 2012...snoop isn't doing these type of numbers anymore...cube ain't...raekwon ain't...busta ain't...scarface ain't...shyt, most new rappers ain't doing these numbers...it's damn near august and this is the second highest selling rap first week all year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Gotta call bullshyt...not a single solitary actual peer of nas (with the single exception of jay-z) would be considered a flop for doing 140k in this day and age...dude is a fukking early 90s rap legend and it's 2012...snoop isn't doing these type of numbers anymore...cube ain't...raekwon ain't...busta ain't...scarface ain't...shyt, most new rappers ain't doing these numbers...it's damn near august and this is the second highest selling rap first week all year

It's still a flop nikka. Doesn't matter whether he is a rap legend or not. If Ross comes out in sell that it's a flop.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
It's still a flop nikka. Doesn't matter whether he is a rap legend or not. If Ross comes out in sell that it's a flop.

The whole entire concept of "flopping" is relative and based on realistic expectations...rick ross ain't nas...one is heralded as the current "hottest" rapper in the game, in the prime of his career, and expected to drop his biggest album ever...the other is a fukking 20 year rap veteran in the stage of a rapper's career where typically they're considered a total non factor...surely you see the difference...raekwon sold like 60k or some shyt with cuban links 2 a few years ago and muhfukkas were ready to throw him a parade

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
200k + isn't a flop. 140k is. This is the real world. nikkas buy albums online 2.

So the 5 nikkas you know would have made it go gold first week? Lol you nikkas b.....

It ain't about the 5 nikkas I know either...there's a bunch of people on here that was sayin it was sold out..it was sold out at stores around me as well...on top of the fact that its sold out ONLINE as well..on Amazon u gotta wait 1 to 3 weeks for it to ship..meaning they gotta get a new shipment in...there's a bunch of people sayin they work at the retail stores and they only had whatever amount of copies...the album was undershipped fam..what don't u understand?..I PERSONALLY think if it was shipped correctly it would've did 200k+...shyt ain't a FLOP cause its still a number one album and beat out artists who are more in the limelight than him...I dont think the sales are great..but I'm not thinkin flop either...nikka..RIHANNA sold UNDER 200k her first week...do that mean she ain't goin gold or plat?.nope...I never really cared about first week sales anyway...the full album sales is what matters..he's number 1..its all good...

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
To everyone who questions whether this is a flop or not, here's a simple way to tell for any album:

What were the projections at the beginning of the opening week?

And then, what was the final number?

If retailers were predicting sales of 100k-125k and the dude does 139k then its not a flop. You have then done better than projected.

I do not understand how anyone who has dealt with numbers can't see this.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
To everyone who questions whether this is a flop or not, here's a simple way to tell for any album:

What were the projections at the beginning of the opening week?

And then, what was the final number?

If retailers were predicting sales of 100k-125k and the dude does 139k then its not a flop. You have then done better than projected.

I do not understand how anyone who has dealt with numbers can't see this.

It's 149k now...basically 150k..

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
some of nyggas calling 150 a flop are still stuck in the 90's and early 2000's

y'all have no real comparisons for what is and aint a flop anymore.. just cut it out

How many platinum rappers are there?? what?? maybe 4??

Jay
Em
Weezy
Drake

so I guess everybody else are flops..lol

Yall nyggas funny

PasteGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
150k for Nas is good. He's not a pop act who else been in the game as long had a bigger buzz. It was a grass roots movement. It wasn't a fake retirement or any wack gimmick he put out an album talking about his divorce and being an absentee father lol. That's real shyt b.