Nas - "Life Is Good" First Week Sales Thread **Ends 7/16/12**

grock2727

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta call bullshyt...not a single solitary actual peer of nas (with the single exception of jay-z) would be considered a flop for doing 140k in this day and age...dude is a fukking early 90s rap legend and it's 2012...snoop isn't doing these type of numbers anymore...cube ain't...raekwon ain't...busta ain't...scarface ain't...shyt, most new rappers ain't doing these numbers...it's damn near august and this is the second highest selling rap first week all year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree with this post, except that eventually Jay will do less then 200k on a release week and he shouldn't be an exception. Just because he's had an amazing run at the top doesn't mean it isn't gonna end eventually. He should be held to the same standards as Nas and people should be as reasonable, let's see if people are as forgiving. Doubt it.

The only two problems with what I'm reading around here are:

1 - Stop with the stupid "undershipping" excuse, if someone wants the album they'll find the album. Especially if you're really a Nas fan and you want to show support, you can always buy the digital and then pick up the physical whenever. Nas did great numbers for someone of Nas' stature in the industry, enjoy it and let him celebrate it, stop with the excuses.

2 - It's interesting how having a #1 album now means something. Whenever someone mentions Jays 12 number 1 albums there are a bunch of cats talking about how it means nothing and how Jay "picks the weeks where there is no one else dropping". Well Nas could've sold 79k and he would've had the #1 album, I don't see anyone saying Nas' #1 is a cheap win.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
1 - Stop with the stupid "undershipping" excuse, if someone wants the album they'll find the album. Especially if you're really a Nas fan and you want to show support, you can always buy the digital and then pick up the physical whenever. Nas did great numbers for someone of Nas' stature in the industry, enjoy it and let him celebrate it, stop with the excuses.

the vast majority of buyers aren't trying to "show support", they just want to have the album though. I think anyone who has worked with consumer facing environments knows that if a person doesn't get to checkout on Day 1 they're not guaranteed to come back on Day 2

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
the vast majority of buyers aren't trying to "show support", they just want to have the album though. I think anyone who has worked with consumer facing environments knows that if a person doesn't get to checkout on Day 1 they're not guaranteed to come back on Day 2

Basically...most people I see tryna cop the album ain't even die hard Nas fans...

SquirtleSwag

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we won brehs. we did it. Now lets keep the sales going... spread the word about this dopeness!

grock2727

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's a valid point. I'm just seeing it in the sense of being a Nas fan, if you want the album then you'll get the album, whether it's visiting more then one store or downloading it. If we're talking about the group of people that might have bought it because it was in their face like candy on a checkout line, well then I guess theres no real way to determine how it impacted his numbers. I doubt it's significant though.

Also, lets say Def Jam did undership, can we blame them? Nas did barely go Gold last time and Distant Relatives never got any certification so they have to be safe as well. Their expectations are determined by Nas' past performance, it is what it is.

Shikamaru

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smarten up to all the people who bet against Nas. This was an easy bet because we are now in the era where good artist who make good, quality music will sell. The people will come out and support. See J. Cole, Frank Ocean, and now Nas.