Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
How is he carrying Mass Appeal?

That was her words but I see it. Run the Jewels and Boldy aint there, East is more Def Jam and most peoples sign one album/project deals. And all of that dont sell as much as a Nas album

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
According to her, Nas doesn't feel the climate is right to drop the album. Plus they don't feel the appetite is there from the fans since he's already dropped 3 albums in the past 2 years.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the album drops this year, based on her comments (if true).

Edit: She does confirm that the album is completed.
I can get with this. He went 6 years not releasing anything then gave us 5 projects in 4 years. I’m not mad if he holds in until next year

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can get with this. He went 6 years not releasing anything then gave us 5 projects in 4 years. I’m not mad if he holds in until next year

I agree but I think that when Nas completes a work on a project but holds it back instead of releasing it, that increases the likelihood for more lost tapes. You see, Nas is good for changing direction on his projects. One might even say falling out of love with it. In fact, I’ve read in multiple occasions where he has said the climate wasn’t right for something he was working on. He may then get inspired by something else or come up with a slightly different concept and start a whole new project. This, withholding that all of that completed release.

The more time he takes and the more he contemplates when he going to release something, the better but It also means more work to chose from and more rmisic left behind until who knows when.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but I think that when Nas completes a work on a project but holds it back instead of releasing it, that increases the likelihood for more lost tapes. You see, Nas is good for changing direction on his projects. One might even say falling out of love with it. In fact, I’ve read in multiple occasions where he has said the climate wasn’t right for something he was working on. He may then get inspired by something else or come up with a slightly different concept and start a whole new project. This, withholding that all of that completed release.

The more time he takes and the more he contemplates when he going to release something, the better but It also means more work to chose from and more rmisic left behind until who knows when.
Yep if we get KD3 say for instance next summer it'll be a completely different album from the one that's completed now.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was her words but I see it. Run the Jewels and Boldy aint there, East is more Def Jam and most peoples sign one album/project deals. And all of that dont sell as much as a Nas album

I thought she meant the entire company.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a lot of times she purposely throws us off, so we don’t expect it when they start the roll out. Like she mentioned next year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a surprise roll out the next couple of weeks.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a lot of times she purposely throws us off, so we don’t expect it when they start the roll out. Like she mentioned next year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a surprise roll out the next couple of weeks.
She definitely purposely throws us off sometimes. At times she can reveal so much it's almost like she gotta throw some Bs in there to keep us off guard. I peeped that lol that's why sometimes I be like yea Idk if I believe that lol

Mag Wheel

All Star
Daps
KD2 is a masterpiece...
my favorite Nas album since Stillmatic. :wow:
I actually felt Kings disease 1 more. Had better beats in my open. KD2 had one of the worst collaborations I’ve heard in years. Epmd, Nas and Em on a joint together. Cool idea but that shyt was complete garbage.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Yeah, she might have purposely tried to throw us off by just flat-out stating that a Nas and Kendrick collab hasn't occurred yet. It just seemed odd that she would throw that out there about a much desired collab for KD3.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Beyond being an insider knowing the goings on of Nas' every day, she objectively sounds out of her element. If she wants to focus on social media engagement and sales she needs to find a younger artist with a younger fanbase. There's simply no way that Nas is sitting around concerned about album sales in 2022. Zero. And given the lack of promo, lack of singles etc he's not doing anything to suggest he's focused on sales like her. KD3 will prob be announced a week or two before it drops and there will be no interviews.

That Nas/Wu tour was incredibly successful. I bet if you did a general poll of all the people that went, the vast majority do not have a (paid) Spotify/Tidal/Apple/etc streaming account. Not because of an economic issue, but simply due to age demographic. Older people are not streaming music at high numbers, like young people.

I agree. I went to the show in Atlanta, had an INCREDIBLE TIME, sold out audience, and the majority of people there were 40 plus. These are the people who still buy CD’s and only stream off YouTube. They need PROMO beat into their heads that a new album is out. Nas would have to do a TRADITIONAL album rollout to get the 60k plus first week that he CAN get if he WANTED that. I don’t think Nas really gives a damn about sales in 2022. The man released a modern day classic on CHRISTMAS EVE with less than 24 hours notice. That doesn’t sound like somebody whose stressing first week numbers or Gold & Platinum plaques.