Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
According to her, Nas doesn't feel the climate is right to drop the album. Plus they don't feel the appetite is there from the fans since he's already dropped 3 albums in the past 2 years.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the album drops this year, based on her comments (if true).

Edit: She does confirm that the album is completed.

Last edited:

Ball

All Star
Daps
According to her, Nas doesn't feel the climate is right to drop the album. Plus they don't feel the appetite is there from the fans since he's already dropped 3 albums in the past 2 years.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the album drops this year, based on her comments (if true).

Edit: She does confirm that the album is completed.

Lmao that couldn’t be more wrong. The appetite is obviously there more than it would be later on

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This girl gets on my last nerve with the steady complaining about the numbers..
Beyond being an insider knowing the goings on of Nas' every day, she objectively sounds out of her element. If she wants to focus on social media engagement and sales she needs to find a younger artist with a younger fanbase. There's simply no way that Nas is sitting around concerned about album sales in 2022. Zero. And given the lack of promo, lack of singles etc he's not doing anything to suggest he's focused on sales like her. KD3 will prob be announced a week or two before it drops and there will be no interviews.

That Nas/Wu tour was incredibly successful. I bet if you did a general poll of all the people that went, the vast majority do not have a (paid) Spotify/Tidal/Apple/etc streaming account. Not because of an economic issue, but simply due to age demographic. Older people are not streaming music at high numbers, like young people.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beyond being an insider knowing the goings on of Nas' every day, she objectively sounds out of her element. If she wants to focus on social media engagement and sales she needs to find a younger artist with a younger fanbase. There's simply no way that Nas is sitting around concerned about album sales in 2022. Zero. And given the lack of promo, lack of singles etc he's not doing anything to suggest he's focused on sales like her. KD3 will prob be announced a week or two before it drops and there will be no interviews.

That Nas/Wu tour was incredibly successful. I bet if you did a general poll of all the people that went, the vast majority do not have a (paid) Spotify/Tidal/Apple/etc streaming account. Not because of an economic issue, but simply due to age demographic. Older people are not streaming music at high numbers, like young people.
Bro she's way out of her element.. I like the girl because she gives out some good info but the more I hear her talk I'm sit back and say Nas is seriously getting some bad advice lol

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I listened to some of the space she did

Only thing specific about KD 3 was that he had a record talking to his fans that might not make the cut and I was surprise to hear that he raps off the dome now and did even on Magic?
I think she might have some info wrong. Cause Magic was not I dont think done in a week and released a week later. Could be wrong but it felt like it was just a flow on after KD 2 dropped (August-December idk)

But yeah like others said she cant stress the numbers, even though I gotta a clearer appreciation as to why. He is carrying Mass Appeal now and its not easy to go independent like others thing. Cause you might retain more money but you gotta spend more to produce your stuff

Didnt realize Nas had a bad back and that touring is strenious

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got the opposite of what y’all took from it. I think the way she explains the business side of the numbers is important. You could really he was extremely excited jumping in the pool when the numbers came back the way he did for kd2. While I don’t think Nas sits around thinking about numbers, but when you are running a label and you still want to do well. You have to think about it. I actually really enjoyed it today, especially with some of the behind the scenes stuff we don’t see.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listened to some of the space she did

Only thing specific about KD 3 was that he had a record talking to his fans that might not make the cut and I was surprise to hear that he raps off the dome now and did even on Magic?
I think she might have some info wrong. Cause Magic was not I dont think done in a week and released a week later. Could be wrong but it felt like it was just a flow on after KD 2 dropped (August-December idk)

But yeah like others said she cant stress the numbers, even though I gotta a clearer appreciation as to why. He is carrying Mass Appeal now and its not easy to go independent like others thing. Cause you might retain more money but you gotta spend more to produce your stuff

Didnt realize Nas had a bad back and that touring is strenious

How is he carrying Mass Appeal?