Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well fellas, unless we start getting promo next week, I don’t know when we will be getting the album :francis:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Crazy how you stans just made it up in y’all minds that it was gonna release this month without any concrete evidence from the people directly involved :laugh: setting yourselves up for disappointment if nothing actually drops, even though it was never promised.

I mean both KDs dropped in August so it wasn't totally out of nowhere lol

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy how you stans just made it up in y’all minds that it was gonna release this month without any concrete evidence from the people directly involved :laugh: setting yourselves up for disappointment if nothing actually drops, even though it was never promised.
Hope still alive

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I mean both KDs dropped in August so it wasn't totally out of nowhere lol
Right all signs been pointing to it dropping in August. That don't mean it's guaranteed but first two dropped in August, comments from those involved suggest a lot of the album was done months ago, dude who mixed the last two confirmed he mixing tracks a few weeks back, tour coming up so make sense to drop it right ahead of that :manny:

Not sure why anyone expecting a extended rollout or official confirmation of a release date weeks in advance. Last two dropped with a week's notice not to mention Magic dropping with one day's notice

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
so what would your personal expectation be for it to sell on the 19th with more or less zero promo ?

I guess it depends on whether Nas cares or not. If he doesn't and we get another surprise release, I'd say 25-30k (which is around what Magic would have done without the holiday hurting visibility). If we get an actual rollout, including interviews, single/video etc? 45-60k range.

Charlamange is a huge Nas fan and does serious interviews on his platform. There is zero reason not to do it. Kevin Hart does interviews...might as well try to get on there. Rap wise there's Drink Champs with Nore, or Math Hoffa with the Queens guys that are on there and love Nas. Angie Martinez is still on the radio. Ebro again. Most of these are easy wins, and if the goal is to promote your album and do numbers...why not use them. For something out left field...Kendrick and Nas got the same manager now, maybe Kdot could interview Nas. Kendrick's on the road but this could easily be done.

Lots of options, depends on what he wants or doesn't want.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess it depends on whether Nas cares or not. If he doesn't and we get another surprise release, I'd say 25-30k (which is around what Magic would have done without the holiday hurting visibility). If we get an actual rollout, including interviews, single/video etc? 45-60k range.

Charlamange is a huge Nas fan and does serious interviews on his platform. There is zero reason not to do it. Kevin Hart does interviews...might as well try to get on there. Rap wise there's Drink Champs with Nore, or Math Hoffa with the Queens guys that are on there and love Nas. Angie Martinez is still on the radio. Ebro again. Most of these are easy wins, and if the goal is to promote your album and do numbers...why not use them. For something out left field...Kendrick and Nas got the same manager now, maybe Kdot could interview Nas. Kendrick's on the road but this could easily be done.

Lots of options, depends on what he wants or doesn't want.
There is definitely lots of options. My first single/video would be biggest artist on my album too. For example, say he has drake or The Weeknd on the album. I shoot a video for that as the lead off rolling into the album.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers

There out here believing some guy on twitter who just about got 1,000 followers, claiming he in Nas circle or some shyt :mjlol:

I've said i don't think it drops in August but i really hope I'm wrong but when expectations are high as ever for Nas, it's normal for shyt to get pushed back till they get it perfect for us.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
the fact mixing has happened or is in process means we can’t be far off. I don’t imagine that gets done and they sit on it for months.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
the fact mixing has happened or is in process means we can’t be far off. I don’t imagine that gets done and they sit on it for months.

He mastered the three Nas albums with Hit-Boy maybe he's hinting at KD3.

When KD2 was released he wrote "A little over a month ago Hit-Boy rubbed his hands together and told me he had some heat coming. Indeed he did".
Which means mixing and mastering are done really close to release date.