Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While we wait patiently, let’s peep time stamped biggie and nas not being that cool before big died

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
While we wait patiently, let’s peep time stamped biggie and nas not being that cool before big died

Carmen talked about that scenario EXACTLY. Big was actually hurt and upset that Nas walked by him and didn’t acknowledge him and according to Carmen Nas’s response was exactly some “nikka shyt”. “Well why didn’t he acknowledge ME!?”

People forget all these nikkas were millionaire, chart topping rappers BEFORE they were 25 years old! Thats INSANE when you think about the amount of power, influence, and talent these guys wielded at such young ages. Add in the natural competition of hip hop, crews beefing with each other, yes men whispering in your ear, its a wonder ANY of these dudes are alive to tell these tales.

And am I the only one slightly annoyed by people acting like the Jay/Nas beef is still some great mystery? Anyone whose read/listened to any interview that these nikkas gave around the time of the battle or even LISTENED to the diss records knows what got the beef going

-Nas not showing up to the studio to record on Reasonable Doubt

-Nas not acknowledging Jay early in his career whilst Jay was a big Nas fan and shouted him out numerous times

-Jay having a relationship with Carmen

-Good ole fashioned rap competition for the King Of New York crown.

Mix those together and VIOLA! RAP BEEF nikkaS!

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carmen talked about that scenario EXACTLY. Big was actually hurt and upset that Nas walked by him and didn’t acknowledge him and according to Carmen Nas’s response was exactly some “nikka shyt”. “Well why didn’t he acknowledge ME!?”

People forget all these nikkas were millionaire, chart topping rappers BEFORE they were 25 years old! Thats INSANE when you think about the amount of power, influence, and talent these guys wielded at such young ages. Add in the natural competition of hip hop, crews beefing with each other, yes men whispering in your ear, its a wonder ANY of these dudes are alive to tell these tales.

And am I the only one slightly annoyed by people acting like the Jay/Nas beef is still some great mystery? Anyone whose read/listened to any interview that these nikkas gave around the time of the battle or even LISTENED to the diss records knows what got the beef going

-Nas not acknowledging Jay early in his career whilst Jay was a big Nas fan and shouted him out numerous times

Speaking of Jay. I wouldn’t mind a Nas X Jay song over a hit boy beat. I know hit boy wouldn’t provide Nas and Jay with no wack ish.. I feel like hit boy thrives in situations like that.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

There's a vid of Big being driven around NY in 95 listening to OB4CL and I always wondered what he thought about the biting diss on there. He responded to Rae's diss directly but when you think about it, you got two of the dopest rappers in the world (Ghost and Rae) joking about your shyt, calling you a biter...and then the very next track is another one of the dopest dudes in the world (Nas) rocking with them. As if he cosigns the message of the skit. I'm not saying Nas did, but you get my point...to Biggie it would look like that. And given that Biggie was far more successful than them in 95 and early 96 of course it would look like jealousy.

Flip side from Nas' perspective you dropped a classic album, people slept, Biggie becomes the undisputed That Dude from NY, and you're on the path of going broke before even starting on your second album. Certainly cause for feeling some type of way, and of course that gets us to the "there can only be one king" line from IWW. I don't think they were at each other's throats - Nas has said Big called him and complimented him on the success of IWW for instance. But of course he then dissed him on Life After Death. I think that was just elite nikkas sparring at the top. And when Big died it later became the next elite nikka (Jay) sparring with Nas.

Daps
You use to be more creative than this... lol

Seems like your fonts aging

werd up
as a nas fan i could do better

ahem

This old mufukkah tryna talk about black issues when his hair gray. how fukked up is that?
What he still tryna kick knowledge? no-one tryna hear about 88 still
My grandpa was in the hospital last year and he asked me if nas still made music, i said yeah, then all a sudden he passes in disbelief.

:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There's a vid of Big being driven around NY in 95 listening to OB4CL and I always wondered what he thought about the biting diss on there. He responded to Rae's diss directly but when you think about it, you got two of the dopest rappers in the world (Ghost and Rae) joking about your shyt, calling you a biter...and then the very next track is another one of the dopest dudes in the world (Nas) rocking with them. As if he cosigns the message of the skit. I'm not saying Nas did, but you get my point...to Biggie it would look like that. And given that Biggie was far more successful than them in 95 and early 96 of course it would look like jealousy.

Flip side from Nas' perspective you dropped a classic album, people slept, Biggie becomes the undisputed That Dude from NY, and you're on the path of going broke before even starting on your second album. Certainly cause for feeling some type of way, and of course that gets us to the "there can only be one king" line from IWW. I don't think they were at each other's throats - Nas has said Big called him and complimented him on the success of IWW for instance. But of course he then dissed him on Life After Death. I think that was just elite nikkas sparring at the top. And when Big died it later became the next elite nikka (Jay) sparring with Nas.

Nas said Big asked him about it directly. He said he told Nas he wasn’t biting and Nas told him that Rae and Ghost felt how they felt but Nas was cool.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Nas said Big asked him about it directly. He said he told Nas he wasn’t biting and Nas told him that Rae and Ghost felt how they felt but Nas was cool.
He also said he 'used that,' and took points from it to get ahead, or something like that. I think it was the Drink Champs interview. Makes me think he rode the wave and probably said something to Big about it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I’d like to see Nas sell 60K+ first week but he needs a REAL roll out to do it. Its entirely possible if thats what he wants but he’s got to go the traditional route. Single/Video and an interview run. It would be cool for him to return to Breakfast Club since the original team is about to disband. Of course LA Leakers, Ebro, maybe a return to Drink Champs. All the platforms that have traditionally shown him respect.

I’m thinking if we don’t get anything this Friday then it’ll be a 26th release date.

isn't nas independent? he probably doesn't even care about sales or promo that much at this point.