Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
The KD3 chick was on Twitter spaces and had some interesting things to say…

-Says that the streaming tracking is on par with KD2

-Says that Hood2Hood is currently the lowest streaming track on the album. Legit, Beef, and Michael & Quincy are the highest

-Says that the reason there was no New York date for the Nas/Wu-Tang Clan tour was because he was saving it for the Madison Square Garden announcement

-Says Mass Appeal is doing well in India and they have plans to open a label in another country next year. Says Divine is doing incredible.

-Says Mass Appeal in US isn’t doing so well and that Nas is one of only 3 artists currently on the label. He’s single handedly keeping the lights on.

-Says the bulk of Nas pure sales come from Amazon and that Amazon always rolls out the red carpet for Nas

-Says that for the first time every song on KD3 has charted on Apple’s Hip Hop top 200 charts

-Talked a little bit about Nas and Hit-Boy’s relationship and says Nas helped him with his contract situation so even though he’s still on the contract its more fair and favorable for him and that helped strengthen the bond between them.

-Confirmed Nas owns the Masters for all the Mass Appeal albums and says he’s “trying to get ownership of a few more from the past” but wouldn’t go into further detail.

-Says Nas laughed off the rumors Jay Elect wrote for him and felt no way about it.

-Says Nas writes for a lot of artists but never takes credit
I was in there left to keep bumping KD3 :heh:

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Feel the beat breaks, serial defaced for Jakes
A license to carry still ain't safe in New York State
It's still a lot of ways to manage the life expectancy average
The future of our next generation ain't been established
Conflicted by some of the same patterns that had us
Money and social status, tell me what really matters
So who are you when they turn of all the cameras?

BARS
if anybody find the wrong transcription on rapgenius, let me know, i have most of the editing powers unlocked on that site...there's a lot of new teenage nas fans who wrote some obvious annotations for the lyrics and I had to go in last night to correct the lyrics or dispute the annotations
Im On Fire

“…Or take my spot they want my sht like Sherman Hemsley…”

:ohhh:

That time Uncle Phil wanted to take his spot.

that line on rapgenius is unannotated if you want to take a crack at explaining it

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Producers that Hit is emulating and who do you feel is superior to him right now?

he's mainly emulating 04-06 Kanye & 9th Wonder especially on this album

producers I feel are superior right now are Madlib, Alchemist, V Don, Camoflauge Monk, and there are some others

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's mainly emulating 04-06 Kanye & 9th Wonder especially on this album

producers I feel are superior right now are Alchemist, V Don, Camoflauge Monk, and there are some others
Ok for example. He just worked with Kanye. Do you like Nasir better than KD3? Who has 9th wonder recently produced for that have dropped a banger? Alchemist is on a good run right now similar to Hit Boy. Hit Boy is more versatile than Alchemist as a producer, am I wrong there? I’m not familiar with the other 2 you named. Who have they produced for?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ok for example. He just worked with Kanye. Do you like Nasir better than KD3? Who has 9th wonder recently produced for that have dropped a banger? Alchemist is on a good run right now similar to Hit Boy. Hit Boy is more versatile than Alchemist as a producer, am I wrong there? I’m not familiar with the other 2 you named. Who have they produced for?
Alchemist is versatile. But while V Don is dope he ain’t fukkin wit HitBoy, and I love V Don shyt but that’s just some shyt a nikka who only like certain kinda beats would say. Lol