Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Just finished listening to the album, I like it but KD1 is still my favorite overall, KD3 is number two though.

Because its so many songs its gonna take a couple of spins to digest this album.

Nas shout out Canarsie on "Hood 2 Hood" dope because I actually live in Canarsie in real life :pachaha: always weird to hear an reference unknown to the mass universe but you know namedropped on a song :wow:
I only know Carnarsie from Ill Bill and Necro

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You know damn well Oscar won't give it to Nas.

You know what would be hilarious? If Kendrick wins AOTY for Mr. Morale. An award he should have won at least twice and they finally give it to him for an album that everyone hates. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You know what would be hilarious? If Kendrick wins AOTY for Mr. Morale. An award he should have won at least twice and they finally give it to him for an album that everyone hates. :russ:

I think it’ll go to Beyonce.

But man I don’t know why people hate Mr. Morale so much. I really enjoy it and still listen to it regularly.

KD3 better though. Not even a question

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Ok for example. He just worked with Kanye. Do you like Nasir better than KD3? Who has 9th wonder recently produced for that have dropped a banger? Alchemist is on a good run right now similar to Hit Boy. Hit Boy is more versatile than Alchemist as a producer, am I wrong there? I’m not familiar with the other 2 you named. Who have they produced for?

too early to say but there are tracks on Nasir I'd put up with the best on here in terms of production (Bonjour, Adam & Eve, & even Cops Shot the Kid)...obviously Nas is far better here than on Nasir.

As for 9th...not sure but some of what I've heard here gave me Little Brother vibes.

I gotta disagree and say Alc is more versatile than Hit too...Alc can give you grimey like Willie Lloyd, Scrape the Bowl, & Ajax, then give you a rich yacht beat like Whale Watching or Breakfast in Monaco (even the use of wind chimes in this beat before the hook is crazy). He also came with better drumless loops like Roman Candles and more experimental stuff like Yacht Rock 2.

V Don & Monk are underground producers mainly work with Griselda and those associated acts. Rougher beats but generally I find they can reach higher highs with their beats due to them have a distinct sound they work with.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I think it’ll go to Beyonce.

But man I don’t know why people hate Mr. Morale so much. I really enjoy it and still listen to it regularly.

KD3 better though. Not even a question

Or Adele. :troll:

You and me are among the few Mr. Morale supporters here. I liked that album since it came out and it's only gotten better to me. I'm glad I listened to it in May because had I waited, the negative opinions would have gotten to me eventually.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shyt he was just talking and the way the beat started.. it was unexpected… that feeling I can’t get back.. enough. Let’s continue to enjoy kd3… I think I’m the only one that really enjoys till my last breath. Then again, I enjoyed spicy and yktv.
Nahhh I like it. And I like that it's appropriately labeled a bonus track as it doesn't fit the flow of the album, but I think it's dope. If KD3 is a movie it works as a song during credits.